Please help me choose a motherboard

I am trying to decide which motherboard would be the best to run a AM3 AMD Athlon II X3 435 Rana, paired with an ATI 5770 video card. i am hoping to unlock the 4th core and overclock the cpu. thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about please choose motherboard
  1. DDr2 or DDr3 ram?
  2. dronc001 said:
    I am trying to decide which motherboard would be the best to run a AM3 AMD Athlon II X3 435 Rana, paired with an ATI 5770 video card. i am hoping to unlock the 4th core and overclock the cpu. thanks

I just bought an Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, maybe take a look at that (I'm still waiting for it to arrive). It has usb3 and a bunch of the newer features. Good Luck
  3. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- What budget do you have for the mobo?
    2- Do you want install one GPU or two GPU (Crossfire)?
    3- What RAM speed do you have?
  4. thanks for the advice. Moderate budget around 125 for the mobo, I am only running one video card and I am gonna install ddr2 but will upgrade when ddr3 becomes cheaper. thanks again
  5. Wel DDR2 is actully more expensive then DDR3 is. If you want to go DDR3 later you will have to get new motherboard.

This is a great board and will unlock your 4th core also uses DDR2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157156

If you already have DDR2 ram avaliable use it but if you have to buy new ram go DDR3
  6. Well, with your GPU and CPU isn't a good option that you install this in a AM2+ mobo with DDR2.

You can get a new mobo and DDR3:

RAM: G.Skill 4GB 1333 CL7 $104.99 with free shipping.
    MOBO: M4A77TD $74.99 after rebate and free shipping.

Total: $ 179.98 after rebates and both with free shipping.

Is a good upgrade option for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product