Help picking mobo for i5 2500k?

treyvon

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I've had alot of uncertainty when it came to picking a mobo just because for whatever reason i find all of the information pertaining to each individual mobo to be overwhelming, considering i'm quite new to hardware and whatnot.

so here is my current choice for a motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

(and i have the h100 if so i should be good on cooling)

i want to overclock my 2500k up to (at first) the 4.5-4.7 range but i know after i reach that i'll want to go higher (probably maxing out at 5.0ghz just to have done it), and i read (at least that's what the benchmarks showed) that Intel typically had the most stable and capable mobo's for overclocking for whatever reason, so after absorbing that information it pushed my already shaky standing on my current gigabyte mobo off balance, and i was wondering if anyone could suggest a better mobo for overclocking???

i'd like to keep it around my price but i will consider going higher if mandatory.

xtreme5

Distinguished
my first advice is for you is donot buy a micro ATX board if you want good overclocking and more ram get at least asus p8z68v-pro ATX form factor they are too better series in performance + overclocking and you have i5 2500k so don't waste it on cheaper and mATX board they have quite a weaker performance than full atx board.

treyvon

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
okay so which is better the
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
or
P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3?
and i noticed both of the have max resolutions less than 2500x1600? if i have the gtx 580 will that matter??
ALSO they only supported 75hz refresh rate?? i have a benq 120hz and i want to be able to play at 120hz will this be affected by either of these mobo's?

TRENDING THREADS