futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Hi guys hope u can help as this is my first system build and already have a problem ill least my components first that I have collected. Cpu amd phenom x11550 be. Msi 770-c45 mobo. 4 gig of corsair ddr3 memory antec 300 case and psu ocz modular 500(ocz500mxsp). Well I installed my mobo cpu and heatsink plus memory into my case with no probs then I plugged in my psu and tried to switch on but all I got was 1 squeak from my psu so I decided after reading sum info here that I shud try my mobo outside of the case on a box so I took everything out of the case and set up mu mobo on the case it came in. Anyway switched on the psu again,and again just 1 squeak again after shorting the power pins on mobo(yes I'm touching the right pins guys)anyway after pullin the atx cable out several times finally my mobo swithced on as all lights came on and the fan started spinnin so I was happy. Then I put everything back in case and damn same thing again.psu just made 1 squeak and that was it.so I took everythin out of case again and did the same as before but this time after tryin for 1 hour I just kept gettin the 1 squeak from the psu and nothin else. I've also tried shortin pin 14 and 15 on the psu but nothin starts just get the same small squeak!! Does this sound like its a psu problem or mobo guys? Also I've not got another system to try the psu on unfortubately. Any help wud be gr8ly appreciated

futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Anything more on the hmmmm matey? Lol. Thing that I don't get is at 1 point all 4 lights on motherboard came up. Then just stopped. Weird

futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Nah mate that's the problem av I ,haven't got a spare 1 to test on but if I tried shorting pin 14 and 15 on the psu shouldn't that start it if it was werkin fine but instead I just get the same squeak that I get when I plug it into mobo.

TRENDING THREADS