Sign in with
Your question

Hey guys looking for some help and advice

Last response: in Systems
September 27, 2009 1:15:03 PM

Ok so this is not a home built system but it is a gaming pc as well as being just as cheap as a home built with a 2 year war included

Hello every one, im new to the forms but have been doing my home work,

Now i need your guys feedback to help me make my final decision.

This is where like i would think many of you have been at the final buying decision crossroads, you see this is my problem...

I dont make much money but lucky for me my bills have been limited and ive had as some time to save, been a hard road lol hard to sit on all this CA$H,
The main thing im trying to do is get the best results for the lowest amount, well i know im making this a lil long so ill just get to the spec's and then explain the reasoning behind it.

Case Nzxt Lexa-S Gaming Tower Case Black w/ Blue Light

Processor Intel® Core™ i5 750 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card ATI Radeon HD 4350 - 512MB-Single Card

Motherboard Asus P7P55D LE -- Intel P55 Chipset CrossFire Supported w/7.1 Sound, Dual-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-Ex16 MB Power Supply 700 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready

Ok now here on my thoughts and plans for this system...
1st off i know the video card is EPIX FAIL but the plans for that is save with going with the poor GPU while i save a lil more in my pocket and also by next week i thought have the extra cash to get THE... DRUM ROLL PLZ..

ATI 5870

and while yes for all the fan boys i know the NVIDA 300 GPUs will be better but the fact of the matter is im building my rig now and now in 3-6 months
I want a great card for now and if i want to upgrade down the road say with in next year or 2 SLI another in the rig and i should still have great set up and maybe with some luck and a better job i can rock the ^6^ monitors with the latest games still 2 years down the road

Other thoughts on this system is that im going with a 700watt psu, the reasons for this is that i dont have much spending cash 1st and fomost, although
i have giving thought about such a low watt and it being offbrand all though it is the ibuypower psu, i also know that if or more like when i will have to upgrade the psu or at least get a better brand with a lil higher watts, but also the compontes in the rig are all farily low watts per part

Ok the 3rd and final thing is the i5, while its still a better chip the the lower sets, i know im limited to 4 cores and the upcoming 6 ( not worried about that )
but the lack of Hyper Threding is some thing that has crossed my mine, and well for $100 i can go with i7 860 i feel this is better off going to the 5870

Ok i lied i did have one more thing on my mind about this system, the Case, i want to start off by saying i love the look of it, just looking at it you know your not playing an a reg pc but a GAMING RIG, but im worried that the 5870 being the biggest card ever made if it will fit, i think it should and if not im not affraid to mod the case a lil to fix that, but im also not sure of the air flow while it does seem to have lower front intake fan im not 100% sure, although it does have side fan and i plan on installing extra fan, this is mainly for when i OC down the road, by that time i will have better PSU cooling as well though so not my deciding factor.

Well guys sorry for the long post and thank you in advance on any help you can give me with this hard decision
Oh one last thing befor i post rig is $772 w/o shipping $837 with and will be getting card from newegg.com XFX series as to get the 2 free games and get my RIG faster

More about : hey guys advice

September 27, 2009 1:32:08 PM

you gonna have to up the power supply as well since i believe the one in there is generic
m
l
Related resources
!