Allow user to Start/stop certian Service

We are running a managed enviroment, users do not have Administrator Rights
to desktops. However we have run across certain situations where it would be
beneficial to allow a user to be able to start/stop certain services is
there a way to allow this?

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about allow user start stop certian service

    You can make a batch file that will start/stop the service.

    the command is

    net start SERVICENAME
    or
    net stop SERVICENAME

    (where SERVICENAME is the name of the service...which can be found when you
    look at the details of the service services.msc)

    "marka2k" <no.spam.marka2k@cox.net> wrote in message
    > We are running a managed enviroment, users do not have Administrator
    Rights
    > to desktops. However we have run across certain situations where it would
    be
    > beneficial to allow a user to be able to start/stop certain services is
    > there a way to allow this?
    >

    > Thank you

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Windows XP