Allow user to Start/stop certian Service

August 12, 2004 2:17:01 PM

We are running a managed enviroment, users do not have Administrator Rights
to desktops. However we have run across certain situations where it would be
beneficial to allow a user to be able to start/stop certain services is
there a way to allow this?

Thank you
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:20:07 PM

You can make a batch file that will start/stop the service.

the command is

net start SERVICENAME
or
net stop SERVICENAME

(where SERVICENAME is the name of the service...which can be found when you
look at the details of the service services.msc)

news:p RLSc.698$191.298@newsread1.dllstx09.us.to.verio.net...