No Signal to Dual Monitor

dennisd99

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I am running Vista with a NVIDIA GeForce 880GT card. I am running my primary Samsung monitor with a DVI connection. I am trying to hook up a second monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. System is recognizing the secondary monitor and says it is functioning properly, but I get NO SIGNAL. I tried plugging my primary monitor into the secondary socket and it works fine. I have setup the secondary monitor in NVIDIA and it, also, recognizes it. Any suggestions?

G

Have you told the nvidia software to enable the second screen?.

dennisd99

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Have you told the nvidia software to enable the second screen?.

Yes. My NVIDIA Control Panel recognizes the primary by name and #1 and the secondary as #2 by name of ProView PL713b.
In Windows Control Panel/Display Settings it recognizes the primary by name and #1, but the secondary it recognizes by Generic PnP but does have it as #2. I don't think that would make a difference but, if it does, I have no idea of how to change.

dennisd99

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Have tried as primary but does not work.
I have found some other sites that talk about the same problem they are experiencing and, in particular, with the NVIDIA graphics card. Seems that the problem is in the drivers. I believe that is where my problem lies.

arges86

Distinguished
it could be the adapter...
i recently bought one from Best Buy and the thing didn't function @ all...
returned it for a diff. one and it worked perfectly...
luck of the draw i guess