Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560 + Intel I5 [ASUS P8H61]

Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2011 1:48:28 PM

Hello guys.

I am new to the forum. First off hats off to the admin for making this place. Let me get to the point. :sol: 

I had a bit old pc but now after I earned some $$$ I decided to upgrade. BTW I am from India (again BTW, it dosen't matter LOL)

Here are the specifications :) .

Intel i5
nVidia GeForce GTX 560
8 GB Ram
ASUS P8H61

------

Question... I need to overclock nVidia GTX 560 to its max and also Intel i5 to its max... and with max i mean Simple Max :wahoo:  ... Without any you know big water cooling or anything... something I can do simply by increase voltage and like that.

So, how to overclock nVidia GTX 560 and Intel i5 with a ASUS P8H61 motherboard? Thank you.
December 31, 2011 12:07:38 AM

bumpin... comeon guys please help :( 
April 9, 2012 3:24:04 AM

a big welcome to toms !!!your motherboard wont allow overclocking ,i have the same lol! save up for a decent one for overcocking , maybe asus p8p67 :) 
Related resources
April 9, 2012 3:36:06 AM

Whether or not you can overclock... remember that a faster CPU means a hotter CPU so you'll have to monitor temperatures, and if you want it to work properly you'll keep it at recommended temperatures, via cooling methods such as fans or liquid cooling. Speeding it up without requiring extra cooling is determined by your proper judgement when doing this.
April 9, 2012 3:51:08 AM

robertnewton said:
Whether or not you can overclock... remember that a faster CPU means a hotter CPU so you'll have to monitor temperatures, and if you want it to work properly you'll keep it at recommended temperatures, via cooling methods such as fans or liquid cooling. Speeding it up without requiring extra cooling is determined by your proper judgement when doing this.

the wizkids thread is 4 months old with no replies lol ,i am fairly new to toms myself but thought he needed a reply ! i will also take note of your important comment when i change my mobo !
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 9, 2012 3:56:22 AM

Even though OP probably left long ago

H61/H67 boards do not allow overclocking, depends on which intel i5 we are talking about.

You can overclock your gtx 560 via Msi afterburner.
April 9, 2012 3:58:13 AM

lol, i did not realize
!