Evga GTX 260 setting with 2 cards running in SLI

hankinsbob

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
#1 card runs hotter then #2 I have a Evega X58 SLI Intel X58 chipset SLI/crossfireX mainboard tripple channel DDR3 /1600 6-corsare 2gb 1600MHZ CM3X2G1600C9D6 V10 coolmaster200+W AIR COOLING with HYBIRD Tec a 250mm side fan Vita 54bit Ultragoolerd Vigor on H.D. 12000w THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER still my cards lock up because of heat

Solution
I would recommend you preset your fan speeds on both cards to 80% using EVGA Precision tool...

405_precision_app_00.jpg

■Just unclick the "AUTO" button by the fan speed
■Move the bar to it says 80%
■Click the "APPLY AT WINDOWS STARTUP" button
■Finally, click on the apply button.

This will help keep your temperatures down, which is what I had to do for my SLI setup of GTX 260's.
What are your temperatures?

80-90ºC is average
115ºC is threshhold
127ºC burnout

Some cards report 100ºC as threshold in Rivatuner, such as 8800GT.

Remove the dust from the fan. Reapply thermal paste.
Regulate the fan with Rivatuner.

or EVGA Precision Tool.

hankinsbob

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
#1Runs64 and #2runs 60- I guess thats not after all day of a game. I added a 250mmfan right at the cards on the side. It is susspose too move 100cfm and the case has the 3 it came with. it is a MONSTER RADIDMAX case- Iwas going to put a 250mm on the other side. I Did it my self but it looks like it come that way. I had to use part of a stovr exust fen filter - but it made 2 filters.

hankinsbob

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

Good I wasn`t sure what they was hot- mine #1 runs at 68-70 and #2 around 66-69 acording to the Evga Precision tool. I put a 250mm fan on the side case, its a "Nonster Raidmax case it took a little doing cause of the "fins" on the side THANKS a LOT.

hankinsbob

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
As you can see I don`t know a lot about P.C.`s I fell off the top of a semi trailer and my daughter got me started playing games. The argument between liquid cooled or air has as many good things as bad. With liquid the cost is a lot when you go to having cards and all liquid- Dust is a big part in air. I started with a old one that 512gb was all the ram it had. This one has 12gb of ddr3 , a i7 processor with a huge V10 200+air, it has it`s own fan for the ram ,the ram is corsair with heat sink /16000mhz. Has the vigor H.D. coolers and Thermaltake 1200for power.Vista 64bit and the two 260 cards.I was going to put a card fan in between the two but it seems it would only blow the heat from one to another. All so I was thinking of adding the 3rd card. I get started on a game and it`s hard to stop. After 6hr or so it would start messing up and the card would be around 100. That's when I added the 250mm fan, it sets in the side and covers from the top of the power to the cpu cooler. It is supposed to blow 100cfpm. The only thing was no filter- just the wire mess cover. A over head stove filter makes two filters. I have to make a 1/2" X12" adapter for clearance of the back of the M.B. I probably could have did better on the case- But what I have now has to last me as I`m now on just a fixed income.I still can not get Halo 2 to play in sli. Thanks for the info and sorry to take up your time-Driving a truck was a lot easier and at 55 it`s being slow at learning this stuff.

tecmo34

Administrator
I would recommend you preset your fan speeds on both cards to 80% using EVGA Precision tool...

405_precision_app_00.jpg

■Just unclick the "AUTO" button by the fan speed
■Move the bar to it says 80%
■Click the "APPLY AT WINDOWS STARTUP" button
■Finally, click on the apply button.

This will help keep your temperatures down, which is what I had to do for my SLI setup of GTX 260's.

Solution

hankinsbob

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Thanks, I set mine at 85%, it sits far enough away that I can`t hear it, I had my P.C. built at Cyber Power, they do not include a lot of that info-as to what is the operating Temp. or anything like that. I guess they assume when you order from them you already know that. Thanks