Problem in Windows Explorer creating a New Folder

August 13, 2004 2:59:04 AM

Running Win XP SP2 and I have a problem in Windows Explorer. I use to
be able to highlight a Folder > File >New and to the right would be
Folder and when I clicked on that I could create a new Folder and Name
it.

Now, I don't know how or why< when I click on File > New > there is a
new object with a little box with the shortcut arrow in it and the
word Shortcut. I can't move my cursor to the Folder icon which is just
above the Shortcut.

Any way I can get rid of the icon for Shortcut and be able to get to
the Folder icon.

Thanks in advance.

Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 10:40:45 PM

Wild Bill 2 <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote:

>Running Win XP SP2 and I have a problem in Windows Explorer. I use to
>be able to highlight a Folder > File >New and to the right would be
>Folder and when I clicked on that I could create a new Folder and Name
>it.
>
>Now, I don't know how or why< when I click on File > New > there is a
>new object with a little box with the shortcut arrow in it and the
>word Shortcut. I can't move my cursor to the Folder icon which is just
>above the Shortcut.
>
>Any way I can get rid of the icon for Shortcut and be able to get to
>the Folder icon.

You can edit this list in TweakUI > Templates. TweakUI is available
from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert....

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Thank you very much.

I'll try this.

I did learn that I can right click in the work area it brings up a
menu that has Folder in it. So I can work around this and may even
like this better.

Thanks.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:40:45 +0200, Thorsten Matzner
<tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

>Wild Bill 2 <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Running Win XP SP2 and I have a problem in Windows Explorer. I use to
>>be able to highlight a Folder > File >New and to the right would be
>>Folder and when I clicked on that I could create a new Folder and Name
>>it.
>>
>>Now, I don't know how or why< when I click on File > New > there is a
>>new object with a little box with the shortcut arrow in it and the
>>word Shortcut. I can't move my cursor to the Folder icon which is just
>>above the Shortcut.
>>
>>Any way I can get rid of the icon for Shortcut and be able to get to
>>the Folder icon.
>
>You can edit this list in TweakUI > Templates. TweakUI is available
>from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert....

Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
Anonymous