I have windows xp media center edition can i remove media center without messing

knoxx187

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hello I hope you can help me. I have an hp and it has less than 13 percent of free space left. I am trying to clean it up and remove the things I don't use. I am wondering if I uninstall the Windows Media Center (I have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 I think) if it will mess up my computer. Also how do I uninstall it if it won't damage my computer, and how do I uninstall programs I can not find in the add/remove programs but they are on my computer.

Please Contact me soon at loopus_69@yahoo.com Thank You, Kenna Butler.

Also a huge issue I am having is the fact that I burn all of my cd's on Windows Media Player (NOT WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER) and now it will no longer burn cd's and I NEED THAT BACK!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!

Use a tool called windir to see where (by size) your hard drive is utilized.
http://windirstat.info/download.html

Also search for windows media center 2005 (add on to xp) to see if you are using any of the features, before uninstalling. Can do the same thing. Install windows media center 2005 to get install links if you need to.

When uninstalling, did you check the box on add/remove programs that says "show updates" ? -- Or possibly use uninstaller REVO ?

Sounds like you deleted something you should not have ( CD burning).
(Either apps or drivers)

knoxx187

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i uninstalled the cd burning software that came on the computer (like nero) and it worked after that i haven't uninstalled anything from windows ever. I don't understand why it wont work the code that pops up says (Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. For additional assistance, click Web Help.) and when I click on web help a pop up stops me and it says (The instruction at "0x715ba067" referenced memory at "0x715ba067". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program. It has on the blue bar on the top IEXPLORE.EXE-Application Error) I took it to a place to get it fixed and all the guy did was add Nero to my computer i really need help I'm terrified that I'm going to lose all of my pics and music. My usb ports don't work right anymore either and I'm saving up to get an external hard drive. I just hope I can save it fast enough so I don't lose anything and from what I've seen the ones with fire wires cost more. I dont know what size to even get either and if i uninstall WMP and then reinstall it will i lose all my music that way? im so lost grrrrrrr idk what to do. also i somehow have a program called remove it pro 17 and i dont know how it got on there it just appeared one day.

knoxx187

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i have a bunch of updates in my add/remove programs and i dont know if i removed the older ones if it would mess up whichever programs have the updates. it shows the updates so i guess i did check that one and i've never heard of uninstaller REVO before