Closed Solved

Sabertooth 990FX and 1055T over clocking, runs hot. Like to hit 4ghz

I got a Sabertooth 990fx installed a 1055T and overclocked it to 3.8ghz. vcore 1.404 and most of the other settings are set to auto. Can anyone give me some help to get this cpu to 4ghz please.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sabertooth 990fx 1055t clocking runs 4ghz
  1. Got this posted under '1155t' so l thought l would post it here with the proper name.
  2. jewals11 said:
    Got this posted under '1155t' so l thought l would post it here with the proper name.

    I have the 1055T @3849mhz very stable, here is a screen shot.

    I might be able to get to 3900mhz on air; l will try.
  3. 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 GHz all of this is so achievable with the 1055T and all the Phenom II x4/x6.
  4. ilysaml said:
    4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 GHz all of this is so achievable with the 1055T and all the Phenom II x4/x6.



    My problemb is mine wont go past 3.8 GHZ at all I am using a NH-d14 cpu coler.
  5. What settings do you set ?
  6. Best answer
    Here's my settings;
    CPU Multi x14
    CPU FSP 286
    HT & NB Multipliers x7 (2002 MHz)
    CPU NB VID +50 (1.2V)
    CPU VCore (1.5V)

    Set the RAM voltages & timings to the recommended labeled on the sticks
  7. ilysaml said:
    Here's my settings;
    CPU Multi x14
    CPU FSP 286
    HT & NB Multipliers x7 (2002 MHz)
    CPU NB VID +50 (1.2V)
    CPU VCore (1.5V)

    Set the RAM voltages & timings to the recommended labeled on the sticks


    I tried with those settings the board will not post. It seems like I got a bad CPU for over clocking at the higher speeds.
  8. No it doesn't go like this, and the Motherboard is the main issue, the settings you set is the secondary issue.

    I didn't have any post when i tried to OC above 3.6, until i reached the 4.0 GHz step by step. Any wrong voltages in the DRAM or the CPU NB VID won't make the PC post. So find the latest stable OCing and try to raise up the CPU FSB , voltages step by step.

    List all your settings like i did above, and let me see what you got.
  9. Best answer selected by jewals11.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Sabertooth Overclocking