Radeon 4770 issues

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
So I just brought a new video card Sapphire Radeon 4770, did a fresh full format before installing first with windows xp, specs are:

Intel Dual Core 2.0 Ghz
PSU 500W
Windows XP
Widescreen 1280x720
RAM 2GB DDR2
Sapphire Radeon 4770

I updated the card drivers, using catalyst 9.9 , I'm using it to play Aion, regardless if it's on very low on very high, framerate flows btw 12-17 FPS, funny enough at times jumps at 100 fps and keeps at 60-70 fps, I brought it to change a Geforce 8500 Nvidia Foxconn and I have to say it's not much of a improvement? am I missing something on the config? already sent it for RMA and this is a new replacement.

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
30-60 FPS and I just found that I'm not the only one with the problem, apparently ATI cards aren't well supported with Aion yet and a lot of people having sluttering issues, I was dead worried thought my PC was wrong or I screwed it up while installing the card.

LoStZ

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
You are being held back by your CPU, it's not fast enough for that card. If you increase your resolutions and still get same FPS = CPU bottleneck. I've been contemplating alot myself whether I should go with a 4670 or a 4770 due to this reason also, as my 4800+ is quite outdated. That's why you don't get the full potential of a card's performance.

TrantaLocked

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Download speccy at http://www.piriform.com/speccy and tell me if your RAM is dual or single channel. If it is single channel, you need to get dual channel and on the way you might as well get 4GB of RAM for a future proof setup. For now if you want to get better performance over clock your CPU. I am not quite sure on how to do this because I have never done it but YouTube has some good videos. I am going to try to OC my CPU soon so I will give the results of how things go.