futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Hi guys just building my first pc and need sum help from u experts. :). Componets so far- msi 770-c45 mobo. Amd phenom x11 550 be. 4 gig corsair ddr3 mem. Ocz 500w modular psu and antec 300 case. So anyway I've installed all of these components apart from having no video card yet. Everything powers on when I turn the pc on cpu fan kicks in and system fans kick in plus I get all 4 blue led lights light up on motheboard and stay lit up but I'm not hearing any beeps coming from the pc to tell me that I've got no video card installed. ? Am I right in presuming that I shud hear at least sum beeps tellin me that its tryin to post but detects there is no video card installed?instead I'm just gettin no beeps whatsoever? And 4 lights stay lit on mobo? Any help wud be gr8ly appreciated guys

futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

Well I've had a quick read through that,cheers mate. So I guess ill just av to presume that I aint hearing any post beeps cos my motherboard/case musnt of come with a speaker to hear the beeps unfortunately :(

I know the Antec 300 doesn't come with a system speaker, and I don't see one in the picture of included accessories for your motherboard either. That would be why you don't hear the beeps. :)

Your motherboard doesn't have an onboard GPU, so why are your trying to power the system on without a GPU? Install your GPU and then post back if you're still having problems.

futori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Ahh well thanks for taking the time to have a look matey,feel betta now that that's the reason why I can't hear any post beeps. and I was booting it up just to make sure it all seemed to work fine so far,bein my first system build and all :). Thanks again matey