jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
okay i just got my 790 fx gd70 that i oreder. put in my hd 5770, plug everything in correctly. then bam, turn on the motherboard all the lights and fans come on especially the gpu fan which sounds like its at 150% speed. it will not slow down at all. also i hear crackling in my speakers that are plugged into the motherboard. the power button on the motherboard will only turn the computer on not off and it will nto reset it. the hdd led stays red (idk if thats anything important). the post led does not come on. i did not have any problems with my m4a78t-e so im wondering if i made a mistake with this one. also my monitor will nto come on. i got a vga to dvi adapter plugged into the gpu since the motherboard does not have a vga connector.

***EDIT*** just took out my memory sticks. the one closest to the cpu smells burnt. im getting error code ff. gpu fan has lowered. but the monitor still will nto come on.put a stick of ram in the mobo and goes back teh way it was.

specs:
amd phenom x4 955 be
4gb ddr3 dual channel viper extreme ram
250gb hd
800w psu.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
I know what you mean about the initial startup... mine does the same thing, but only lasts for about 2 seconds.
Anyway, it sounds like you have a failing motherboard for some reason. Maybe you got a bad stick of ram that shorted something out.
How bad is the speaker interference? That sounds like something's wrong with the MoBo... I can't think of anything else that would cause that other than bad speakers, and I'm assuming that they worked fine before.

jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
well ive used the ram on a previous board with no issue, it was the m4a78t-e. just got a replacement mobo and still the same issue. can anyone guide me to some ram tahts compatible with the 790fx?

jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
well heres the current status,i have everything plugged in my mob, 4gb ddr3 1333 patriot extreme ram, hd 5770, amd phenom x4 955 be, 160gb hd, got everything powered and everything comes on except the monitor displays a black screen and the light for the monitor is still on standby. the error code is still ff, i leave the comp on for about 30 seconds and it powers off automatically and sometime the red hdd light keeps blinking. thats about the gist of it.

jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
well i just noticed something. i disconnected everythiing except the gpu memory cpu and keyboard. i noticed that when i turn on the computer the keyboard lights do not come on. im guessing my mobo is fried.

psychopathio

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I just bought one yesterday, & it works fine with the AMD Phenom II 965 pared with 4GB or OCZ AMD Black edition 4GB ram @ 1600Hz. Although it took a couple of second to start up. and all motherboards newly installed will power-up all components on max till you adjust the settings for optimal or something like that.

but its a nice piece of ART.

jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
YEAH IT WAS MY RAM. SORRY I DIDNT GET TO THIS SOONER. I GOT SOME OCZ PLATIMUM DDR3 1333 RAM AND IT WORKS LIEK A CHAMP. I ALSO WANNA KNOW IF THIS BOARD WILL SUPPORT DDR2 MEMORY. SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY KEY IS BROKE LOL.

ALEYZEE

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
OH MAN UR SYSTEM SEEMS REALLY LIKE MY OWN, BUT I SUGGEST U MY HAPPENED XPERIENCE: DDR2 won't work on that! That cost me 250 dollars to buy 2 GEIL 1333 DDR3 overclocked Rams and 2 SUPERTALENT overclocked DDR3 Rams, for dual channel! That's great, and i suggest U to buy a better Power because u'll see power offs right after switching on ur pc as soosn as u buy another HARDWARE...

shakarama

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I had the same problem, "FF code" and won't do anything... just fan spinning, and all the lights on.. i had installed 4 RAM sticks on the MB by then.. then i took all the RAM out, and just left 1 stick on slot DIMM #1 (closest to the processor), and it works great !! i have OCZ 2GB, once i had the pc running, and i was able to enter the BIOS with no problem, i inserted all 4 sticks again... and again i had "FF code" and black screen, no beeps, no nothing.. took it off.. on 1 and then later 2 sticks, and it works.. seems like the current Bios version doesn't supports that much RAM... but at least let's me get in the Bios.. i hope this helps people with that "FF code" problem