Please help me connect these

Malevol3nt

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Hey,

I need some help connecting those PC case wires to the mobo. I can't manage to boot the system. At first I thought the power supply was not working, but an electrician showed me that it works (he connected 2 wires on the 24pin cable and it started running). Well he's off to work, he was in a hurry so he didnt have time to connect these wires properly.

The wires:

2mepzcz.jpg

Mobo:

2utt7x0.jpg

Diagram in Manual:

2n1cll3.jpg

The white is the negative, the other color is positive. So, in the HDD LED the red color goes to the place with the blue color, with the white color to the left of the green color.

The RESET SW goes to the place with green color, with the white cable to the left of the violet color.

The POWER SW goes to the place with the red color, with the white cable in the same way as the RESET SW.

Finally, the POWE LED, goes to the place with yellow color, with the whit cable in the same way as the HDD LED.

Malevol3nt

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Wow, nevermind that. I totally forgot to put the Standoffs below the motherboard. The mobo must of had a short circuit and some protecting mechanism wouldn't allow the system to boot.

Thanks for the reply & thanks to tomshardware for that Guide topic, I would have never guessed it this was my problem.

Cheers! :)