Crossfire Ready or Crossfire Certified

jimmy328

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Hello All,

Regarding purchasing a power supply, is there much of a difference between “Crossfire Ready” and “Crossfire Certified”? My PS will be over 1000 watts and will have the proper connectors, so is this really an issue?

I am purchasing the parts to build another gaming rig which will have the Radeon 5970 (if it ever becomes available). I will begin with one card and set up Eyefinity. At a latter time, I may add a 2nd 5970 card.

Thanks,
Jim

Solution
The Crossfire certified items were actually tested in Crossfire mode and approved by one or more video card manufacturers. Those psu's are usually found on a recommended psu list at the video card manufacturer's web site. The Crossfire ready psu's were not tested by video card manufacturers. With high quality power supplies it should not be an issue.
The Crossfire certified items were actually tested in Crossfire mode and approved by one or more video card manufacturers. Those psu's are usually found on a recommended psu list at the video card manufacturer's web site. The Crossfire ready psu's were not tested by video card manufacturers. With high quality power supplies it should not be an issue.

Solution

jimmy328

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Thank you Johnny,

I am glad to read your post, because the reviews that I have read for the “Crossfire Certified” power supplies are not as good as the reviews from the “Crossfire Ready” power supplies.