Outlook Express slow start

Suddenly, my Outlook express takes 30-40 sec to start from the splash
screen, instead of earlier less than 10.

What might cause this? Agreed, I do have a lot of mail, but not in the IN
box, only in various archive folders. In addition, XP is freshly
re-installed.

Bengt

It's not a specific answer but it could be you have a damaged message
someplace where OE can hang for a while. I had this problem a while ago and
when I found and then delete that message everything went back to normal
startup.

Frank

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/privacy.mspx >
| Message news:411c999d$1_1@news.bluewin.ch
| Suddenly, my Outlook express takes 30-40 sec to start from the
| splash screen, instead of earlier less than 10.
|
| What might cause this? Agreed, I do have a lot of mail, but
| not in the IN box, only in various archive folders. In
| addition, XP is freshly re-installed. Bengt

Tom Koch, Microsoft MVP for Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express, has authored a Web Page that was one of PC Magazine's
Top 100 web sites. His site contains a page titled "InsideOE
Performance Issues" that includes common causes to the problem:
"OE very slow when starting, but everything else normal". You
may want to start there.

InsideOE
Performance Issues
OE very slow when starting, and Internet Explorer forms slow
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm#slowstart

You can find peer-to-peer support for Outlook Express issues in
the Internet Explorer and Outlook Express Newsgroups. The
following page has links you can click to access the newsgroup
with your Web browser, or with a Network News Transfer Protocol
(NNTP)-based newsreader such as Outlook Express.

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express Newsgroups Center
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/newsgroups/default.asp