LGA1156 soon to be best dual GPU mobo.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Well yeah, many of you already know but if you ever consider Dual GPU solution and you only game, your far better with a 955BE build.

Now, things might change very soon. And in some drastic way.

Lucid Hydra 200. The chip that promised near 100% GPU Scaling.
Sounds good right? thats already plain awesome.
Now the good thing is, it promised this scaling... WITH ANY GPU COMBO.
Nvidia+ATI. Dual ATI, Dual Nvidia.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1093/1/

Well the real pure tests are coming soon:

http://event.msi.com/mb/bigbang/

If this Lucid Hydra 200 is really up to it's name, then i5 WILL be the best build for both gamers and video encoders/zip

Tough, I am being sceptic on the platform they chose...why LGA 1156?? it only supports dual x8 ANYWAY..why not try it on a better scaling platform like the Asus CrossHair III formula AM3??

Well if this is really near the 100% Gpu scaling, and works flawelessly with nvidia/ati combo, then Nvidia will have to rethink the Physx blocus. Anyway, someone already released a patch somewhere on the net, I forgot where.

What do you people think of this mobo? this really might be a AMD killer.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Seems really cool. It's unfortunate they didn't release it intially with both Intel and AMD in mind, but I'm sure if everything goes to plan the AMD socket support will soon follow. It only makes sense when they're already pairing rivaling GPU companies, I doubt they care about the CPU side to have some type of favoritism.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Yeah seriously, neglecting AMD when it currently has the second top crown after i7-920 in gaming would be extremly stupid.
+ it supports dual x16, wich will make better scaling in general.
But this special mobo right here is to be released for the holidays sales with a good price. So AMD support will have to wait, and with less pleasant prices I guess..
It will skyrocket the i5 sales. If the scaling is what they say it is,Even I, who was a 100% fervent 955 fan for it has proven to rivalize the i7-975 extreme in farcry 2, will definitly go i5.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
How come none is commenting on this upcoming solution? O.O This should be one of the most discussed thread here...
Seriously this Hydra thingy is offering us to combine ANY GPU for near the 100% scale. It means yourr good using that old 9600GT of yours with your HD 4890 and get a good upgrade for no $.

Nobody has anything to say on this technology that might be SLI/Crossfire killer?

I started a thread on this a few days ago but it got little response.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=33&post=271299&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
wow didnt know! D:
Yeah it seems nobody gives a fk about this...
Cant wait to the results...16 days. Might change my ultimate 955BE build for a i5. Seeing how a HD5770 scales great....I can only dream...

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006

Of course we do have to talk about price and availability first. As solid as the tech might seem, until it is not yet available for the masses all we could do is speculate.

* Plus, these tech would usually be reserved on the highest end motherboards. Even if the rights to implement this is cheap, there isn't anything stopping the mobo makers from shafting the rest of us.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
True that. But to get the most out of a 955 build, you need to get at least a 200$ mobo.
And the current LGA1156 mobo goes from 110 to 150$. I think the mobo will be around 200, + it will be released on holidays so the price will be interesting IMO....
but your right, we have to wait for the actual benchies.. XD