Older games vs Windows XP

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hello,
On three different computers running XP I try to play NASCAR 2000 which used to work. I now get the error "NASCAR 2000.ICD has encountered a problem. Windows security update KB17422

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
I'm not sure anymore where I got that Windows Security Update code. I've been working on this for months. I now have five NASCAR 2000 games and non of them will play on any of my three computers. They all have XP and are all up to date on updates. The last NASCAR 2000 disc that worked, stopped working after one of the windows updates, but I don't know which one. I'll try to find where I got that security code and get back to you ASAP. Thanks

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
A new event: now after removing and reinstalling NASCAR 2000 on one computer the error comes right up and says the exact words except now it say NASCAR 2000.exe instead of NASCAR.ICD has a probem and has to close. I don't know if that's progress or I'm losing ground. I tried another NASCAR disc and got the same message NASCAR.exe (instead of NASCAR.ICD) I guess I'll try loading it on one of the two other computers and see what happens. Thanks.

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Okey, on my laptop when I start the game (newly installed) I'm getting a black screen with the silver bar showing at the bottom with "Start" and right next to it Logo NASCAR 2000 and then all the way across the silver bar is a black space where the date and sound icon usually are and the computer has stopped. No error message. No nothing. Thanks

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
I let the laptop sit for awhile with the black screen. When I finally Control/ALt/Deleted it the NASCAR.ICD message came up but the program had been running with the black screen until then. Thanks.

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
My other (main) computer also showed a black screen but no bar until I c/a/delete. Here's a line from the error message:
C:\DOCUM`1\PINTAC`1\LOCAL`1\TEMP\7de4_appcompat.txt Does that mean anything? Thanks

gpintacu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Today I reinstalled Direct X 9.0c. I was trying all the keyboard buttons and somewhere around F11 or F12 part of the menu page that comes up after the intro video came up. But it only listed two bullets and then stopped. I checked and the program was still running but nothing more happened. But, that's the most progress I've had since trying to get NASCAR 2000 for PC to play. Any ideas? Thanks.