Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Internet speed

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 12, 2010 11:05:49 AM

why my internet speed very slow compare to my friend. i surf at open wifi. my friend speed about 150+ kbps compare to mine just only 5-10 kbps.i used acer pentium processor su4100 and my friend used hp compaq. i'm just bought this laptop bout 1 month ago

More about : internet speed

Best solution

February 12, 2010 6:50:59 PM

First of all, I would like to remind you that an open Wi-Fi is a poor choice of location for doing anything sensitive online such as banking or even email (because so many services use email to reset your password). Unless you can set up a VPN or ssl connection, that is. About your speed. First of all, how are you measuring it? If you are looking at the speed of a download manager the speed achieved depends on both the manager used, and the mirror from which you are receiving the file. A download manager that I would recommend is Down Them All for firefox. But to achieve an accurate count of your speed, you should run something such as DSL speed test. (www.dslreports.com/speedtest) This is by no means a comprehensive list of considerations, just the ones which I thought of right away.
March 26, 2010 9:59:36 AM

Cool buddy !!
Follow these steps to increase the speed of the internet:
Clear cookies & private data in the browser..
Avoid downloading more files..
Dont have more icons in your desktop.
Follow this & check the speed of the internet in this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
You can find the difference & it will increase your speed ..
I used this site to check the internet speed & got nice solution..
This site provide information at cheap cost & they are very much good in providing service...

!

Related resources
April 5, 2010 12:29:32 AM

:D  thank you for your advise..
April 12, 2010 12:24:15 AM

Best answer selected by payohbaso.
April 12, 2010 1:45:50 AM

You're welcome. Thank you for the best answer :) 
!