How to enable write protected for a C drive

Riya_63

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi,

I have a strange problem.
My SAP logon pad doesnt display any systems under it !! Its completely blank suddenly.
I tried to copy the sap-logon.ini in C:\WINNT but it gives me a message "cannot copy:access is denied.Make sure disk is not full and write-protected and file is currently not in use"
Please help me out :(

It seems likely that the file is in use. If I understand what you are asking properly, this file is part of the config for some authentication (it would be useful if you were to specify what an SAP logon pad is for; I have found references from Kerberos to logging in to a financial firm).

The odds are that something, perhaps a service, is running in the background and has opened this file to read its configuration. That would prevent it from being deleted. The two solutions that come to mind are
1) Use the control utility for whatever app uses this file to repair it, or
2) Boot the machine in Safe mode, which will minimize the number of services and applications that start and give you a better chance of being able to replace the file.

I can't be more specific unless I know what the SAP logon pad is.

Riya_63

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi WyomingKnott,

First of all Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
It worked and my system is back again with your help.The second option did the job, thanks again

TRENDING THREADS