How do i get xbox 360 to work in fs 2000

Pete1800

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering why I cant get my xbox 360 controller or saitek yoke to work with microsoft flight simulator 2000.It works fine with FS 2002/2004 and FSX,but as a enthusiast in simming I saw a copy of fs2000 on sale and was just curious to see what it was like,but without my xbox controller or yoke I cant do much with it.Would it be a compatibility thing or is there some way I could get the game to work with it i.e driver downloads etc.Im a bit stuck here.Thanks in advance.

Solution
Saitek has a programming stick app. you can run in tray before starting the game, you have to program the specifics of MSFS 2K (like exe file location and stick functions in-game). Microsoft has it in the xbox360 website same deal. Still the game has to allow for that. I know some games prefer some sticks (builtin) as opposed to others.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Saitek has a programming stick app. you can run in tray before starting the game, you have to program the specifics of MSFS 2K (like exe file location and stick functions in-game). Microsoft has it in the xbox360 website same deal. Still the game has to allow for that. I know some games prefer some sticks (builtin) as opposed to others.

Solution

Pete1800

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.I was wondering if you could elaborate in simple speak a little bit.Do I need to run the cd that came with my saitek yoke?and get that installed?Sorry Im a novice my friend.When you say run in tray,what do you mean,also programming the specifics?where is that info in exact wording?Thanks in advance from Pete in New Zealand.(We are not all computer bumpkins down here!!) :hello: