Gigabyte EX58-UD5 incorrect voltage in hardware monitor?

ceefna

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
Hi, have any of you owners of this board had the voltages displayed in hardware monitor/everest read wrong?
Here is a screen shot to show what I mean

And in this one 2 rogue fans appeared!!!!!!!

I have a Tagan 900w modular power supply which I have checked with a multimeter and there is 12.24v on all yellows!!!!!!
Any input greatly appreciated or additional info needed please let me know.

Thanks for your time

ceefna

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Sometimes other programs can intefer with hwmonitor, etc, look in your BIOS voltages and see if they are where they should be, if you say its fine doing a voltmeter test than it should be fine, but check bios to be safe

ceefna

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
Hi, ud5 bios is useless for psu voltages as it only shows dram,vcore,+3.3 and 5v must be a sensor issue as everest also shows incorrectly.Wondering why fans keep appearing and the fans that are really connected sometimes show as no rpm? might contact Gigabyte see if they have seen this issue.
Just to add don't think its software as I dual boot and both xp and windows 7 both read incorrectly.

thanks
Ceefna

HWMonitor also incorrect on P55-UD4P and H55M-UD2H for +5 and +12V. I do not think they are looking at the correct registor (location). On both motherboards the Easytune6 Utility reports +5V and +12V correctly.

On both MB, I verified with a DVM. On the P55-UD4P it almost looks like they are reporting the +12 V as the - 12 V. It's very close and varies when Loaded (ie Furmark).
On your MB it looks like they crossed the -5 and +5.