I think my SDD has kicked the bucket but wanted to exhaust any avenues I haven't yet tried before I contact the supplier for RTM warranty so any help would be much appreciated.
I have an OCD Vertex 3 120GB SSD on an ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 mobo which all of a sudden rebooted and requested a boot disk. The SDD is no longer visible in the BIOS but my HDD and Optical Drives are. The set up is only 1.5 weeks old, I had run Prime95 for a significant time (24hours) and no issues so set up should be sound.
What I have done:
- cleared CMOS: still does not recognise SSD
- Unplugged all other SATA connections except SSD: still does not recognise SSD
- Plugged SSD into several other SATA ports: still does not recognise SSD
- Tried AHCI mode: still does not recognise SSD
- Replaced SATA cable with working cable (checked): still does not recognise SSD
- Replaced Power Connector with working cable (checked): still does not recognise SSD
Please help, work is suffering as a result haha. Good excuse for the day off I guess.
We've had a few other threads about the new Intel Z68 based motherboards and ssd's. It seems there are possible compatability issues. This morning I visited a couple of forums and took a look at customer comments at newegg. Problems definitely exist.
You motherboard is supposed to be a very good board but your description of the problem sounds like the boot loop issue that some Gigabyte Z68 motherboards are experiencing. No fix yet.