Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HD 5850 in CM Storm Scout Case

Last response: in Components
December 16, 2009 10:50:29 PM

Hi all

I am currently upgrading my system and have recently purchased an HD 5850.
I am yet to buy a case. However, I like the look of the CM Storm Scout. It has great reviews and is not too big.

Will I be able to fit my HD 5850. I have seen some comments saying that it is difficult to fit large cards in that case. How much space is there?

If It will not fit can you please reccomend another case. I am looking for something that is not too big. I don't want to get a HAF932.

More about : 5850 storm scout case

a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2009 11:19:56 PM

Go to the Storm Scout website and see what size cards Cooler Master actually states it can take. Then go to the 5850 site and see how long it is.

You should be able to work out for yourself then if it fits.

No offense dude but this is simple research that you can do yourself, you don't need us to do it for you.
m
l

Best solution

a c 248 ) Power supply
December 16, 2009 11:31:47 PM

It will fit! No problem!

HD 5850 dimensions: 9.5 inches long X 4.376 inches X 1.5 inches

Storm Scout dimensions: 19.2 inches x 8.6 inches x 19.5 inches

Related resources
December 16, 2009 11:51:06 PM

Quote:
It will fit! No problem!

Cheers

Quote:
Go to the Storm Scout website and see what size cards Cooler Master actually states it can take. Then go to the 5850 site and see how long it is.

You should be able to work out for yourself then if it fits.

No offense dude but this is simple research that you can do yourself, you don't need us to do it for you.

I did go on the website and I found the dimensions. There were no internal dimensions let alone dimensions for the expansion slot area.
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
December 17, 2009 12:21:34 AM

LePhuronn - FinlayG is correct. Case manufacturers and online vendors rarely, if ever, provide measurements of the interior of a pc case. With very very rare exceptions I've never seen the measurement of the space between the rear panel and the back of a drive cage.
m
l
December 17, 2009 2:13:12 AM

Thank you for backing me up!

I think that I will go ahead and purchase this case. However, if you can recommend any other cases it would be greatly appreciated!
m
l
December 17, 2009 4:24:56 AM

That is a nice series of cases :o 

The only problem is that they are difficult to find in my country (New Zealand). I have only been able to find the K58 and K56 models online. I guess I could import one......
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
December 17, 2009 10:25:50 AM

Can you import from an Australian vendor? Would import taxes or shipping be too high?

The cases were available overseas before they were available in the USA. We're still waiting for the optional side panels and accessories.
m
l
December 17, 2009 8:07:17 PM

I could probably import from Australia. I have never tried to import parts from Australia before. Shipping from Australia seems to be fairly cheap and I don't think that tax would apply. It might be worth a shot. I thought I could import directly from the manufacturer. Taiwan isn't that far away XD
m
l
!