Sign in with
Your question

Improve AMD C 60 APU speed

Last response: in Overclocking
January 1, 2012 9:38:04 PM

Hello,
I have AMD C 60 APU, but i feel this slow. I need to improve the clock speed to have take this to 1.33 GHz. Can any body let me know how is this done ?

More about : improve amd apu speed

January 1, 2012 9:58:26 PM

if you want performance get something WITH performance otherwise dont expect the world from something so low end

fresh install of windows will kill all the bloat ware and speed things up, latest drivers but other then that your expecting too much
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
February 27, 2012 10:00:55 PM

AMD C-60 IS capable of running AT 1,33 Ghz but standard drivers allow only 800 -1000 MHz tuning
So question is in place
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 27, 2012 11:15:31 PM

Overclocking this is only going to prove to be difficult if not fruitless. The max clock is locked unless this laptop has a separate clock controller that allows for the base clock to be raised. You can try to raise the multiplier but here is the thing that the APU often responds by lowering the base clock to keep with the original core clocks. So for the Bobcat platform overclocking by the base clock is the only way to see any overclocking gains.

BTW cpu-z has a habit of miss reporting the actual clocks so use a different utility just in case to confirm the clocks when overclocking but at stock no issues.
m
l
March 19, 2013 12:01:42 PM

yes my friend there is a solution to over clock it by using brazos tweaks
m
l
June 2, 2013 4:18:53 PM

neo4mmatrix said:
Hello,
I have AMD C 60 APU, but i feel this slow. I need to improve the clock speed to have take this to 1.33 GHz. Can any body let me know how is this done ?

On any thread there must be one or two useless replays that provide no solution of what's'o'ever, only to spam the thread. If you don't know any better, just skip the thread ;-) and go on to the next one (until you find one where your answer would be of benefit)!

To answer your question (as the previous poster mentioned it before me) I would recommend you Google for BrazosTweaker 1.07 (it is the latest available version).

The original web site is hosted on "Google Code".
I would strongly suggest you read the user guide on that page and understand what every option within the app is responsible for.

The way I did was as follow:
1) Fond on Google instructions on how to create a power plan (fairly easy).
2) Called my new power plan "Turbo Mode".
3) Changed the power plan advanced settings (Google for instructions on how to do it), set the min. CPU state to 100% and the max. CPU state to 100%.
4) Lunched BrazosTweaker and set the CPU multiplier to 3.00 (P0), 4.00 (P1), 5.00 (P3).
5) I've also lowered the VID (doing so would prolong your battery life under this mode and would reduce the overall heat of the netbook) for every state.

A NOTE FOR THE FIFTH INSTRUCTION :
!!! CAREFUL !!! Make sure that every time you adjust a VID setting, you let your unit run an intensive application that would tax your CPU to the max. By doing so, you should be able to see if the current newly set VID settings are dangerous for your machine (if the unit stops responding or you see a major lag or anything out of ordinary, it means that the newly set VID settings are a DANGER for your CPU).
I would also suggest that you set the system FAN setting to aggressive, instead of passive (to increase the airflow and avoid overheating).

Good luck!
m
l
September 2, 2013 7:34:36 PM

Brazostweaker works, but if yer goal is raw performance, set all three pstates (p0 p1 and p2 to 3.00 and set vid to 1.15 on all three.
this still dont give you 1333 all the time though it just locks the chip in the 1000-1333 pstate which is where it runs at 1ghz until you hit a major load then boosts itself to 1333 as needed. dunno of any app that allows you to lock the chip in turbo mode (1333) all the time.

if yer lucky enough to have a msi motherboard you kin get a slight oc through afterburner by boosting the GPU to 400 which tricks the cpu into oc-ing itself to 1400 but heat will be an issue if you dont have a laptop cooling pad. also it requires setting the advanced setting in afterburner to allow clocking above the AMD rated max. (powerplay mode works).
(Dell uses MSI motherboards in their AMD netbooks)

If you know the EXACT model of your motherboard you kin also try googling for a modded bios that MAY allow you to force turbo mode always on, but this is risky, and not really worth it fer the performance gains.
m
l
!