Xspc rasa 450 rx 120 vs corsair H80

I would go with the 240 rad but one of my cases does not support it, its a cm storm scout. So I have to go with a 120 rad, do you think the rasa kit is worth the trouble setting up and more money, if there is even a performance gain over an h80?

If you're just having the 120 then I'd say go for the h80, easier install
but if you plan on ever expanding the loop then the rasa kit will allow for that
(Plus you know my opinions on 'won't fit' hehe, make it fit!)
You could mount it on top of the rails.....
Moto

What if I expand my budget to one of these http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_604&products_id=26994 but i like it specifically because it has the ability to mount on the back, is there something for this on other kits?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This would be comparable to the Swiftech compact kit you linked before...the difference is the integrated DDC pump on the compact/Drive kit vs the D5 pump in this kit. Both are very good starter kits, especially if you plan to expand the loop in the future.

If you really only need CPU only cooling and don't plan to do much else, consider XSPC Rasa RX or Raystorm EX kits. I wouldn't even bother with Rasa RS kits anymore with the Raystorm EX's out. You can get one of these with a 360 rad for $160-$180 as a complete kit. If you really want to think ahead for future growth, either of those Swiftech kits you mentioned are excellent choices.

Please, please, please, PLEASE avoid Thermaltake watercooling kits. You'll thank us all for it.

I cannot draw ok? but you mount the rad on top of the rails, probably just forward of the joining spar (that I drew the rad on top of :p)
You can drill through those to hold the rad in place, don't forget some washers/dampening material, your fans in pull on top of the rad
and your tubes can go into the case however you want
CM_Storm_Scout__12_.jpg

@Rubix, I agree Xspc have negated the Rs market somewhat lol
Moto

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Most initial testing I've seen makes the EX series rads a very good buy, even against the RX series when using 1500-2000 rpm fans. There is a very thin margin of performance difference when using medium/high speed fans. I guess the tube and fin density design provides a substantial surface area increase that almost requires a redesign of the RX series for product tiers and specs.