Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Pentium SU4100 vs. Core 2 Duo T6600

Last response: in CPUs
December 17, 2009 5:51:58 AM

So, the SU4100 is 6 months newer, uses a third of the power of the T6600 and has a slower clock.

I know it doesn't make much sense to compare clocks, but the smaller power consumption tells me that maybe the SU4100 performs worse than the T6600.

Is this a correct assessment? Is there a way to quantify it?

Why do laptops using the SU4100 tend to be more expensive? Longer battery life?

Thank you for any help.
a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 9:47:19 AM

Yes T6600 performs better than a SU4100,the reason that the laptops with SU4100 are expensive is that they are mainly used in low screen size laptops therefore they are more portable and also have more battery life too
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 4:46:42 PM

Yes and as you can see T6600 is a clear winner in terms of raw performance,SU4100 has considerably lower max TDP though that's why its mostly used in netbooks
Score
December 17, 2009 6:34:12 PM

Thanks, Maziar.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2009 5:26:12 AM

No problem :)  glad to help
Score
January 11, 2010 3:48:22 AM

what is the actual performance difference ?

Will su4100 be able to handle newest games available and newest database software ?
Score
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2010 6:14:45 AM

No,SU4100 is mostly used in low inch notebooks and netbooks,so it can't handle the tasks as good as a T4300
Score
March 14, 2010 3:41:20 AM

Maziar said:
Yes T6600 performs better than a SU4100,the reason that the laptops with SU4100 are expensive is that they are mainly used in low screen size laptops therefore they are more portable and also have more battery life too

Hi, do you think SU4100 can handle games like warcraft 3 dota ? someone can reply me ?
Score
March 14, 2010 6:18:45 AM

alanliu8686 said:
Hi, do you think SU4100 can handle games like warcraft 3 dota ? someone can reply me ?

techncally it could but i would reccomend going with the t6600 for most pc games simply because it provides better power
Score
a b à CPUs
March 14, 2010 8:02:59 AM

+1^
It can play but T6600 performs better
Score
March 15, 2010 3:23:10 AM

rooseveltdon said:
techncally it could but i would reccomend going with the t6600 for most pc games simply because it provides better power

from what I know it is a netbook right ? So if I use it to play Warcraft will it b lag or the graphics will be lousy ? So u mean it save battery for this processor ?
Score
April 15, 2010 8:35:01 AM

alanliu8686 said:
from what I know it is a netbook right ? So if I use it to play Warcraft will it b lag or the graphics will be lousy ? So u mean it save battery for this processor ?

Warcraft? Don't be naive. Even something like an Nvidia 8800GT can't handle the game's sophisticated next gen graphics with fancy, advanced shaders. Now how is a dirt cheap Intel onboard graphics supposed to run it smoothly? You're better off getting a full-blown dual SLI gaming rig just to run this mother of a game. /sarcasm

Fact: do you know that since it came out, Warcraft 3 hasn't yet caught up with today's LCD standard? That's right. It hasn't been patched to run in widescreen mode, and widescreen has been a de facto standard for a long time! Since it is very old, Warcraft 3 can be run on any cheap PCs with even ancient integrated graphics, such as Intel 915. Netbooks usually come with 945. So any computer that can't run Warcraft without lag, you can simply tie it to your car, drive around the block and make a Youtube video of it.

Beware of netbooks that come with GMA500. That chip uses technology close to iPad graphics. While it is somewhat functional, Intel hasn't gotten their act together and worked out a compatible driver for games to work. So most likely Warcraft 3 won't run.

rooseveltdon said:

Games are dependent on GPU rather than CPU. That is not to say that CPU isn't essential, but when it comes to games, CPUs generally take the backseat, letting GPU handle everything. This is particularly true of an ancient game such as Warcraft 3.
Score
May 18, 2010 8:17:45 PM

Guys, this still doesnt shed any light to the subject. There is contradiction for example on Dell´s M11X Alienware which has a 1 GB Nvidia graphics card but still has a SU4100 processor. So...will a game as Crysis run good enough or not?
Score
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2010 8:43:15 PM

M11x(with GT 335M) can play crysis but on medium-low settings
Score
May 26, 2010 4:15:01 AM

Not to mention, the Alienware system is overclockable. This would in theory give a significant boost to gaming (and overall) system performance when paired with a quality graphics solution. I would also not hesitate to spend the extra couple hundred bucks to upgrade the 11x to the SU7300 processor, 4GB of ram, and 250GB hard drive. Sign me up...assuming I had $1000 to drop on a new toy...

It may be just me, but I feel any realistic gaming experience would require at least decent discrete graphics on a laptop. Something like the Acer Aspire AS5740G-6979 for $700 at Newegg would be a pretty decent solution for even advanced gaming. Be that as it may, the low power intel processors make for a kick-ass netbook type of experience.
Score
June 24, 2010 5:21:15 PM

Why do you people even consider playing Crysis on an Intel SU4100??? :non:  :non:  It's a Ultra Low Voltage CPU. They use it mainly in 11.6 and 13.3 inch laptops... You get 8+ hours of battery life with that..you get to finish up your work while flying from NY to London. It is not intended to be a desktop replacement. If you want to run games on a laptop, you can always get a 15 or 17 inch, dual core, 4 gigs ddr3 and powerful nVidia/ATI graphics but after 3.5 hours you start looking for a power plug. It all comes down to what you need to do on the laptop...the next thing you're gonna want to play Crysis on your... "multimedia wrist watch"..
Score
August 17, 2010 2:32:06 PM

avlatri said:
Why do you people even consider playing Crysis on an Intel SU4100??? :non:  :non:  It's a Ultra Low Voltage CPU. They use it mainly in 11.6 and 13.3 inch laptops... You get 8+ hours of battery life with that..you get to finish up your work while flying from NY to London. It is not intended to be a desktop replacement. If you want to run games on a laptop, you can always get a 15 or 17 inch, dual core, 4 gigs ddr3 and powerful nVidia/ATI graphics but after 3.5 hours you start looking for a power plug. It all comes down to what you need to do on the laptop...the next thing you're gonna want to play Crysis on your... "multimedia wrist watch"..

Please can you advice me about the msi X400 equiped with su4100 could handle multiple program at the same time including multimedia..java and web development software, for instance running dreamweaver, eclipse and 3d modeling softs.

please help me
Score
September 3, 2010 3:55:59 PM

warrenj said:
Please can you advice me about the msi X400 equiped with su4100 could handle multiple program at the same time including multimedia..java and web development software, for instance running dreamweaver, eclipse and 3d modeling softs.

please help me

NO WAY :/ 
Score
a b à CPUs
September 3, 2010 4:20:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!