Best OC settings

Mother Board = Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Processor = AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Ram = Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

Standard settings are...

CPU auto = 3300 MHZ
CPU FSB to 200
Memory Clock x6.66 = 3330mhz
Normal CPU Vcore =1.4750V

Settings #1
Overclocked settings (currently using)
CPU x18 = 3719.82 MHZ
CPU FSB to 240
Memory Clock x6.66 = 1599mhz (9-9-9-24)
Normal CPU Vcore =1.3750V (set to auto under system voltage control.)
DDR3 1.5V is currently at 1.484V

or

Settings #2
CPU x18 = 3800 MHZ
CPU FSB to 200
Memory Clock x8 = 1600mhz (9-9-9-24)
Normal CPU Vcore =1.3750V (set to auto under system voltage control.)
DDR3 1.5V is currently at 1.484V

My question for overclocking which is better what I currently use or these settings mostly for gaming.
Also what should be the hottest my CPU gets fully loaded running prime95?
11 answers Last reply
More about best settings
  1. actually higher FSB faster than default FSB but the ram SET 1 same as SET 2, and i think score benchmark maybe just little different,
    i would go SET 2 because can get higher potential OC and max speed CPU
  2. Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

I agree with henydiah, the 2nd one give you a little better performance, maybe you also want rise a the NB frequency for get more performance of that RAM.
  3. saint19 said:
    Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

I agree with henydiah, the 2nd one give you a little better performance, maybe you also want rise a the NB frequency for get more performance of that RAM.

Is it bad to push the ram beyond what it is supposed to do? Cause what I have it set to now is what newegg has listed for description. Basically its what I paid for.
  4. Ashadelo said:
    Is it bad to push the ram beyond what it is supposed to do? Cause what I have it set to now is what newegg has listed for description. Basically its what I paid for.

No, you are doing the same that you do to the CPU but to your RAM. Overclocking your RAM, that's all.
  5. I just did not have any type of cooling for the ram. I had purchased a different cpu fan from the original stock fan I had recieved with it.
  6. The temps will not rise a lot always than you don't rise the voltage too much.
  7. Ok I will try that.

Is it safe to raise the voltage past 1.5? That is what newegg and I believe the packaging had listed for voltage.

Edit: Also, what kind of temptures should I not exceed when running prime95 (the little of everything test). If I go lets say above 67 C is that too high or no higher than that? When I run Core Temp the T.J. Max says 81C
  8. Well, with AMD you can go at 1.65V without problems. I have used that Vengeance kit at 1.83V for just a while without problems but with good cooling.

For CPU, I'd not go above 55ºC.
  9. Going to try this setting.

18x clocked at 3811mhz
    212 NSB
    HT Link 2120mhz
    Mem Clock 8x at 1696mhz

Which prime95 setting should I run for a few hours on? Also my ram is a command rate of T2 i was not sure if I should do T1 or T2. I read that T1 can be a little faster but was not sure.
  10. Probably won't see much difference between T1 and T2 and T1 is notoriously unstable when O/C'ed.
  11. Thanks so much for all of the help everyone.

BTW, what prime95 test should I be running for a few hours? Blend?

18x clocked at 3816mhz
    212 NSB
    HT Link 2120mhz
    Mem Clock 8x at 1696mhz

This is my current settings and I think it will be my goal to keep it at this. However I want to do a few things to cool it down some.
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR3 CPUs Memory Overclocking