Sign in with
Your question

Cant Install Windows 8 (Stuck after Install Logo) - SOLVED

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 8
December 29, 2012 6:21:14 PM

Hi guys

Im trying to install Windows 8 Pro in my Pc but i was unable to do it. ( I Already have Windows 7 Pro Installed, but I want to have dual boot config)

I tried both USB and DVD install with no luck.

First the installation goes right...

But then before the installation start it got stuck like this

I tried virtually everything in the forums I visited.. disabling usb legacy, disabling SD card readers, start form usb, installing it form windows 7 - wont let me make a Personalized installation just fresh install or upgrading - )

My Actual Config is:

Phenom X3 720 @ X4 955
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P
4x1GB OCZ SLI 4-4-4-12 800Mhz DDR2
Sapphire 6870
3x Hitachi 500GB HDD (SATA MODE)
1x WDD 500 HDD (Sata Mode)

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
January 1, 2013 8:32:19 AM

Update, the same thing happens with W7 boot cd... im unable to reinstall W7 also :S
m
l
January 1, 2013 9:45:48 AM

Try to turn wifi off adn then start it it happens to my dell inspiron n5110 it just freezes when i have wifi on and charging my laptop and haven't found a solution yet
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2013 12:50:33 PM

I dont have WIFI in my desktop :(  Disabling on-board LAN didn't work also.
m
l
April 4, 2014 2:29:05 PM

Hi.

Just got further on an issue like this. Tried multiple usb sticks, trying to install Windows 8. Thought about trying with a DVD, but since BIOS was possible to update via F10 setup, I did, and voila. That did the trick.

This was a question that hit top 3 on google on the issue, so I thought I'd just share, so that you that reads this takes the steps necessary to update BIOS. It might work for you as well. ;) 
m
l
!