Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II - How far can it go?

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I just bough this and its due to arrive on wednesday and when it does I'd like to push a bit further if possible. So, if you own this and tried OC'ing it what did you manage to squeeze out? I got decent airflow inside my case (Intake: Front and Side 120mm fans / Exhaust: 140mm Top fan and bottom mounted PSU).

Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II: http://uk.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX570_DCII2DIS1280MD5/

mines at 880mhz gpu

4406 mhz memory (4 x 1100)

1.088v

using asus gpu tweak instead of smart doctor

was hoping for more but there you go

but it still runs really cool and quiet in my raven rv02

i think the top to bottom airflow works really well to cool the gpu as when it was in my haf x it was a fair bit

hotter and a lot louder when gaming

sitting at idle now at 26c

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Those are very nice results. Any reason as to why you used ASUS GPU Tweak instead of ASUS Smart Doctor?

i found smart doctor to be really buggy

wouldnt hold the settings after reboot etc

the latest version from asus website wouldnt work at all

think asus gpu tweak was meant for the matrix series cards but it works perfectly

msi afterburner beta 2.20 also works

only complaint with the card other than smart doctor is it wont let you update the bios--even though its the right bios update from asus website it gives some vbios error message basically saying you have the wrong card

but the actual card is great--eaten every game i have thrown at it on 1920 x 1200 resolution at high settings--but i hope you have a big case i knew it was a big card but until you get your hands on it you dont realise just how big

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I don't think thats DirectCU II version :D