Difference between Asus P6TD and P6T

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I aprreciate your replies.

@ chefboyeb - You jump to conclusions thinking I didn't look into this already. See the problem is though, any site you go to now you have people who explain the differences as if I know everything about computers to begin with. I know a little bit but I could not determine the difference between these two and the benefit of the Deluxe one over the regular one. Read? Read? Read? Pssh, trust me. I have.

Another question, what are these forums for? I see questions of this nature always here but all of a sudden now you tell people to find it themselves? Strange. Maybe if I had a 'signature' showing all my equipment you would've been more impressed? Jeeeeez louise.

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Comparing them shows perhaps what the difference between the two as far as some small parts are concerned but if I were to tell someone WHAT those differences DO, I would not know what they are. Hence my question.

I've been reading the specs on both boards over and over but, sheeeesh, I can't tell what it is that the Deluxe does that the regular one doesn't. It's not for lack of trying. I just don't understand the mobos when you start to realllly compare differences.

chefboyeb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Lol... Sorry, no offense intended... If you've done your research and it still brought you right back where you started, then i guess some amount of fustration was warranted... Signatures don't mean anything really... Personally, i just lack the creativity to come up with something more meaningful, so i went with the easier option....

About the boards, the p6td is a revision or a better version of the p6t... It fixed a lot of the memory compatibility, overclock, and other issues the p6t had...
Excellent layout of slots makes it a lot more versatile for components addition. Has a particularly stable wBIOS that's easy to work with. It also has Asus' Express Gate which is a real timesaver for simple tasks. E-mail, chat etc in 5 seconds!

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
INCREDIBLE, that's exactly the kind of info I know I never would've found. lol.
Thank you so much!!! I really do appreciate that information and it seems to me that the $70 difference is indeed worth it to avoid any little issues the other one had. Thanks again! :)