First Overclock: Opinions please!

tmainss08

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
So, I just successfully stress tested my i7 2600k for an hour with these settings and results:

VCORE: 1.260 w/ + .025 offset
x44 Multiplier or CPU Ratio

Recorded these temps:

MAX TEMPS:

Core 0: 65oC

Core 1: 67oC

Core 2: 70oC

Core 3: 66 oC

Average Temps

Core 0: 58

Core 1: 59

Core 2: 63

Core 3: 60

What are your opinions. Are these temps too high? Should I press on? Good voltage to multipier to temperature ratios?

I realize every chips different but as a general rule, what do you think?

Solution
TBH It looks good. Though personally what I would do is see if the chip is capable of doing a lot higher say like 4.8Ghz. If you're able to pass an hour of Prime95 at that speed then I would start thinking of investing in a heavier duty cooler so you can run those clocks consistently.

On the other hand if your chip doesn't want to go much higher than what you are on, then I would say stick to the clocks you're getting. As for the temps you are getting I would say they are pretty good and pretty much in line with the performance potential of the Hyper 212 Evo.

tyrel

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
TBH It looks good. Though personally what I would do is see if the chip is capable of doing a lot higher say like 4.8Ghz. If you're able to pass an hour of Prime95 at that speed then I would start thinking of investing in a heavier duty cooler so you can run those clocks consistently.

On the other hand if your chip doesn't want to go much higher than what you are on, then I would say stick to the clocks you're getting. As for the temps you are getting I would say they are pretty good and pretty much in line with the performance potential of the Hyper 212 Evo.

Solution