Sign in with
Your question

Antec 1200 vs Haf 932 - Which one!

Last response: in Components
December 17, 2009 5:17:26 PM

Please give me some advice on the better case. To be completely honest, i prefer the 1200's looks however tests have shown the 932 to be better for cooling. as my cpu is 140w and is currently v hot, i do need this extra cooling. I also need good cable management.
Both of these cases meet my requirements making it ridiculously hard to choose.
However, i have to make a decision quickly!!

Please give advice and your preference! Thanks in advance!

More about : antec 1200 haf 932

a c 248 ) Power supply
December 17, 2009 7:09:28 PM

Both are excellent cases. Both have excellent ventilation, airflow, and cooling. In the technical comparison published right here at Tom's Hardware there really wasn't that much difference in cooling.

I have the HAF 932. It is a huge beast. The exterior is one that you either love or hate. Even though I have the 932, the Antec Twelve Hundred is a better looking case.
December 17, 2009 7:53:15 PM

thanks for your advice. Are you knowledgeable when it comes to cooling? Im not sure whether the corsair h50 wc kit or a high end air cooler like the TRUE or coolermaster v8 would be right for me.
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
December 17, 2009 8:25:49 PM

Air cooling only for me.

The Corsair h50 is an entry level watercooling system for beginners.

Go to the cooling section of this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-29-183.html

Read the second thread which is a Watercooling Guide written by Conumdrum
December 19, 2009 7:47:00 PM

I have the Antec 1200, it is a nice case with lots of cooling/room but Im considering trying the HAF 932 for its screwless design.
December 19, 2009 8:34:42 PM

I was thinking of getting a HAF-932 myself but I heard a lot about dust issues due to lack of dust filters. And how it accumulate easily even just running for a week. What I like about it the tool less design which Antec don't have.
a c 248 ) Power supply
December 19, 2009 8:51:51 PM

robertomad - Ventilation, airflow, and cooling do not play nice with noise and dust.

I am not a fan of dust filters, fan guards, and perforated mesh. They all reduce ventilation, air flow, and cooling. All three combined can reduce air flow by as much as 80%. I don't mind using a can of compressed air every so often to clean the interior of my HAF 932.
!