Dutch releasedate NL

On the Dutch official sims site some people claim that they already have
NL, so I decided to go/call around the shops today. Most say they will
put it on sale Thursday, the Mediamarkt didn't know yet (but they
admitted they already have it in stock), it depends on the other stores.
Dixons put on their site that they expect the game the 13th, but when I
asked the clerk in the store he said that that was the date they will
get it (why put it on the website then?) and advised to call Wednesday
afternoon.

I think most shops will have it Wednesday, like with all Sims 2 releases.

In one store the sales person didn't understand when I asked about
Nitelife (English title), she said they won't get that game, but they
will get Nachtleven (Dutch title, literal translation)! How stupid!

Bianca
9 answers Last reply
More about dutch releasedate

    Rumpel wrote:

    > On the Dutch official sims site some people claim that they already
    > have NL, so I decided to go/call around the shops today. Most say
    > they will put it on sale Thursday, the Mediamarkt didn't know yet
    > (but they admitted they already have it in stock), it depends on the
    > other stores.

    Do you know where it's cheapest? Mediamarkt has a ridiculous website
    where I can't find the game. I usually buy from Dynabyte, I get a
    small discount there. But I wonder if it isn't cheaper to buy from
    Amazon.uk.

    T.

    Taemon wrote, On 12-9-2005 18:37:
    > Rumpel wrote:
    >

    >>On the Dutch official sims site some people claim that they already
    >>have NL, so I decided to go/call around the shops today. Most say
    >>they will put it on sale Thursday, the Mediamarkt didn't know yet
    >>(but they admitted they already have it in stock), it depends on the
    >>other stores.
    >

    > Do you know where it's cheapest? Mediamarkt has a ridiculous website
    > where I can't find the game. I usually buy from Dynabyte, I get a
    > small discount there. But I wonder if it isn't cheaper to buy from
    > Amazon.uk.

    Official price is 39.99 euros. The Mediamarkt in Utrecht didn't know
    yet, he said it depends on the price of other stores (they try to be
    cheaper), the price they have to pay (inkoopprijs) and the official
    price. The reason why they don't mention prices on the website is
    because every store has their own prices to be competition to other
    stores in their area.

    Dynabyte is 5 euros cheaper if you have a customer card, but I refuse to
    buy anything of the store in Utrecht; one time they refuse to order for
    me a copy of Windows, because according to them I couldn't afford it (I
    was ordering for our store, so money enough), another time I bought a
    game and the sales person advised me not to buy it because it wasn't a
    "girl's game".

    With amazon you have to take into account that the prices on the website
    are without the VAT.

    Try searching www.kelkoo.nl, just type in Sims 2 Nightlife and you get a
    list of (internet) stores selling it and what they charge for the game.
    At www.proxis.nl it's 36.99, free delivery, but you have to pay up
    front, which takes a couple of days.

    Bianca

    Taemon wrote, On 12-9-2005 18:37:
    > Rumpel wrote:
    >

    >>On the Dutch official sims site some people claim that they already
    >>have NL, so I decided to go/call around the shops today. Most say
    >>they will put it on sale Thursday, the Mediamarkt didn't know yet
    >>(but they admitted they already have it in stock), it depends on the
    >>other stores.
    >

    > Do you know where it's cheapest? Mediamarkt has a ridiculous website
    > where I can't find the game. I usually buy from Dynabyte, I get a
    > small discount there. But I wonder if it isn't cheaper to buy from
    > Amazon.uk.
    >
    > T.

    Just found a site www.cdwow.nl where NL costs 20.99 euros, no shipping
    fees, however it does take 4-6 days to arrive when they send it.

    Bianca

    Rumpel wrote:

    > Taemon wrote, On 12-9-2005 18:37:
    >> Do you know where it's cheapest? Mediamarkt has a ridiculous
    >> website
    >> where I can't find the game. I usually buy from Dynabyte, I get a
    >> small discount there. But I wonder if it isn't cheaper to buy from
    >> Amazon.uk.
    > Official price is 39.99 euros.

    :-(

    > Dynabyte is 5 euros cheaper if you have a customer card, but I
    > refuse
    > to buy anything of the store in Utrecht; one time they refuse to
    > order for me a copy of Windows, because according to them I couldn't
    > afford it (I was ordering for our store, so money enough), another
    > time I bought a game and the sales person advised me not to buy it
    > because it wasn't a "girl's game".

    Really?! I've only ever had good experiences there... maybe I'll push
    them a little :-)

    > Try searching www.kelkoo.nl, just type in Sims 2 Nightlife and you
    > get a list of (internet) stores selling it and what they charge for
    > the game. At www.proxis.nl it's 36.99, free delivery, but you have
    > pay up front, which takes a couple of days.

    Hardly worth it. CD Wow is cheapest, 21 pounds. Hm. Thank you.

    T.

    Rumpel wrote:

    > Just found a site www.cdwow.nl where NL costs 20.99 euros, no
    > shipping
    > fees, however it does take 4-6 days to arrive when they send it.

    Euro, you're right, I thought it was pounds! Well, that's a serious
    option. I'll have to stop my love buying it elsewhere for my upcoming
    birthday :-)

    T.

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht
    > Rumpel wrote:
    >
    >> Taemon wrote, On 12-9-2005 18:37:
    >>> Do you know where it's cheapest? Mediamarkt has a ridiculous website
    >>> where I can't find the game. I usually buy from Dynabyte, I get a
    >>> small discount there. But I wonder if it isn't cheaper to buy from
    >>> Amazon.uk.
    >> Official price is 39.99 euros.

    Hmm full games price for a expansion? How rude.

    D.E. wrote, On 14-9-2005 9:48:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht
    >
    >> Rumpel wrote:

    >>> Official price is 39.99 euros.
    >

    > Hmm full games price for a expansion? How rude.

    If I remember correctly the full game price was about 60 euros (most new
    games are).

    Just half an hour and I'm allowed to make some phone calls!!!

    Bianca

    "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > D.E. wrote, On 14-9-2005 9:48:
    >>
    >> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht

    >> Hmm full games price for a expansion? How rude.
    >
    > If I remember correctly the full game price was about 60 euros (most
    > new games are).
    >
    > Just half an hour and I'm allowed to make some phone calls!!!
    >
    > Bianca

    I'm beginning to wonder if this D.E. even has Sims 2. LOL

    deene

    deene wrote:
    > "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >> D.E. wrote, On 14-9-2005 9:48:
    >>>
    >>> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht

    >>> Hmm full games price for a expansion? How rude.
    >>
    >> If I remember correctly the full game price was about 60 euros (most
    >> new games are).
    >>
    >> Just half an hour and I'm allowed to make some phone calls!!!
    >>
    >> Bianca
    >
    > I'm beginning to wonder if this D.E. even has Sims 2. LOL

    Why would you wonder about that?
    And most new games I buy are about in 40 euro price range.
    I think that is more than enough for a game.
    and I didn`t pay 60 euro`s for the sims2 when it came out.

    > deene

Sims Games Video Games