Your question

Problem with new cpu AMD athlon64 x2 245 am3

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
December 17, 2009 7:00:05 PM

Hi. ím new here'. Today i bought AMD athlon x2 245. I put it in my computer with headsink and cooler. Turned the pc on, loading windows and then black screen appears "Sync is out of range 126,6khz, 241hz." So i started in safe mode, deleted ATI catalyst 9.11. Restarted and everything was ok. I installed the drivers again and the same problem appears. Don't know what to do, pls helm pe.

Motherboard Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA (BIOS updated to v3.20)
Video card: Sapphire radeon x1650 pro 256mb 128bit agp 8x

Now i uninstalled ati drivers, removed ati video card. And inserted my old geforce 440mx and drivers. and everything works. so what's the problem? my x1650 pro works with athlon 64 x2 3800+ but conflict with athlon 64 x2 245. strange..

More about : problem cpu amd athlon64 245 am3

a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 7:54:48 PM

You should perhaps specify your graphics card.If an older type you might have to use a previous version of the Catalyst Drivers.Also try a different monitor.
The problem likely is not with the CPU though.
December 17, 2009 8:16:54 PM

jj463rd said:
You should perhaps specify your graphics card.If an older type you might have to use a previous version of the Catalyst Drivers.Also try a different monitor.
The problem likely is not with the CPU though.

I tryed another monitor but it's the same.
Ok i will try another version of catalyst but i don't think it will work, cuz with athlon 3800+ latest version of catalyst is working. anyway thanks for help.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 8:41:00 PM

It says here

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pa...

"All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products."

So apparently you are stuck with using Catalyst drivers 9.3 or below.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/pr...

Why Catalyst 9.11 worked previously with your old CPU I don't know it was perhaps a quirk.
AMD does specify the older drivers.

By the way I was looking at that motherboard on the support site.
Kind of strange with the older AGP graphics slot.
December 17, 2009 9:26:44 PM

i also tried 9.3 and 9.1 catalyst, but nothing..
And it's strange. when i start windows with geforce mx440 with no drivers, i can change properties>resoliution and everything is ok. but when i insert x1650pro and start windows with no drivers and try to change resoliution, black screen appears "Sync is out of range 126,6khz, 241hz."
a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 9:47:53 PM

I've had some odd hardware in the past.I remember once a long time ago with a TV Tuner card.I've had to reinstall the drivers to get it to work everytime I used a particular graphics card when Windows was restarted.

Have you tried using an older PCI ATI graphics card then installing the drivers from windows then putting the X1650 pro card in and switching from PCI to AGP in the BIOS?

It's a trick that might possibly work.
Just an idea it may work it may not.

It definately is some sort of issue with that graphics card.
I know that there are newer AGP cards out there like these especially the HD4000 and HD3000 series which do apparently support Catalyst 9.11

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Anyway I just trying to help.I don't know if you can solve the problem though but
perhaps someone else might pitch in.
December 17, 2009 11:17:11 PM

I had no luck with newer catalyst drivers and agp... 8.6 or something is all I could do.
a b à CPUs
December 17, 2009 11:48:41 PM

Two cents on why there my be a problem, but no solution. The memory controller is on the cpu ,maybe you should try some different memory settings in bios. Maybe change agp settings.
The hyper-transport of the first cpu was 2000, the new one 4000. Try setting it back to 2000, if thats possible. Memory and cpu feed the video card?
Good luck.
December 18, 2009 11:30:45 AM

I tried to change BIOS settings, agp settings but it doens't fix the problem.
Today i pluged in another monitor. instead that black screen with "sync out of range" appears "entering sleep mode" and then pc rr. without ati drivers everything is ok.
December 19, 2009 8:53:27 AM

Problem solved. Ati catalyst 7.7 works!
!