Sign in with
Your question

Rampage 3 Gene vs. Extreme / OC benefits for video editing?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 3, 2012 11:19:09 AM

I posted here a few weeks ago regarding suggestions on a new system. However, I've been reading a lot of topics that OC is particularly for gamers. I have no idea how a game or SLI chaining benefits overclocking, so bare my naiveness.

I have an Intel 990x Extreme and I plan to keep it. I have a Corsair 24Gb Vengeance kit 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v ver2.12

I'm using everything at the moment with a G1.Guerilla, but to be honest I do not like the motherboard and I've had problems with it. I plan to buy a SSD revo drive to run my OS and run two SSD 6gbs on RAID 0. This is my editing system.

How would I benefit from the ASUS OC Extreme for video editing vs. the Gene. I just imagine that OC benefits what enthusiast for what real world application or istance. If the OC renders 2 seconds faster than the Gene in rendering mode then I could save lots of money.

Any thoughts please? thank you.

More about : rampage gene extreme benefits video editing

a b V Motherboard
January 3, 2012 12:20:05 PM

if this is for professional paid work
and you are not familiar with OCing
I would not do it
OCing can cause stablilty problems
and doing a render 2 minutes faster but taking a chance of crashing isnt worth it
also SLI will not help video edtiing as far as I know
I would look into what software utlizes your GPU for accelerating the render process
for example I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 for my editind and rendering
and it uses ATI Stream for GPU acclerated rendering which really helps my time
and I sure hope you plan to keep that 990x Xtreme
awesome CPU
will be good for years to come
no need to upgrade for years
Related resources
!