NightLife EGuide

I thought I was excited about NightLife coming out until I read the
EGuide...NOW I am excited!
This game looks to be totally awesome. I love how they have added the
attraction/chemistry element to the game. The more I read the more
impressed I became. All I can say is this puts TS2 over the top for
me...now if we only had spiral stairs....

PS...I recommend either getting the EGuide or the book itself to fully
appreciate all that has been given to you in the new game. Otherwise
you will miss a lot.

Yes, yes, yes....it has SO MUCH to be excited about! I love that you
can have group outings.
I love that they have given great motivations to do different things
through rewards...gifts or gaining a skill point or a promotion etc.
It's all good!

I thought the same thing when you said "It's made me as excited about
Sims 2 as when it came out".

Quoting from the guide:
If a Sim's date is employed at a highter level in the same career track
(above level 3), there's a chance that the date will pull some strings
and the sim will receive a promotion the next time he or she goes to
work. The chance of this happening rises with: The quality of the
date, The dated Sim's job level.

If a date involved dining at a restaurant, there's a chance that the
next day's mail will bring a coupon for a free mean at any restaurant.

After a date, your Sim may receive a skill level increase in one or
more skill. You may even be promoted more thatn one level in a single
skill.

Each time the Date Level increases to a new height (e.g. Good to
Great), there's a chance to get a point in each skill. Every time a
new level is reach, you get another opportunity to gain skill.

A successful date or outing produces "contacts" whic count toward the
number of friends needed for a job promotion.

>So a contact = friend? That's great

For a short time.... the amount of time is realted to how well the
outing/date was. Fun 24 hours, Super: 48 Hours, Rockin: 52 Hours

The skill thing is related to your dates skill levels. You get to ask
them "What Are Your Skills?" The Sim reveals his high-ranking skillin
in the following terms:
"I'm pretty good at...":skill 1-3
"I'm very good at...":skill 4-7
"I'm an expert at...":skill 8-10

If the asked Sim has no skills, he or she will say "I'm not really good
at anything yet." If the Sim is successful at multiple skills, they
will be listed. For example: "I'm very good at: Mechanical, Body."

Did you know that the surprise gift can be an expensive stereo or piano
if your date will really well? Now that's cool!

No kidding!
My game isn't scheduled to come until Friday or later. I preordered
from Walmart.com. I am so hoping it comes Friday or even
Saturday...you guys will be the first to know as no one here cares!
Not only don't they care, they don't even want to hear about it!
When are you looking to get yours?

On 12 Sep 2005 08:17:21 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>This game looks to be totally awesome. I love how they have added the
>attraction/chemistry element to the game. The more I read the more
>impressed I became. All I can say is this puts TS2 over the top for
>me...now if we only had spiral stairs....

Me too, wish I could say I had one favourite thing about the game...
no wait, no I don't :p Cause it has LOTS! hehe... cars, garages,
seing neighbourhood, going out, downtowns, vampires, chemistry...
*drool*

It's made me as excited about Sims 2 as when it came out.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On 12 Sep 2005 11:01:35 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>Yes, yes, yes....it has SO MUCH to be excited about! I love that you
>can have group outings.
>I love that they have given great motivations to do different things
>through rewards...gifts or gaining a skill point or a promotion etc.
>It's all good!

What do you mean rewards, specifically? What rewards are there for
group outings? I've heard that your date gives you a gift the next
day, based on how it went. Loveletter, roses, bag of flaming poo, etc.
I thought that was what was meant... what other rewards are there for
dates and outings?
--

On 12 Sep 2005 13:47:26 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>Quoting from the guide:
>If a Sim's date is employed at a highter level in the same career track
>(above level 3), there's a chance that the date will pull some strings
>and the sim will receive a promotion the next time he or she goes to
>work. The chance of this happening rises with: The quality of the
>date, The dated Sim's job level.

Oh yeah, I forgot that one! Wee! But they can only rise one level,
aye?

>If a date involved dining at a restaurant, there's a chance that the
>next day's mail will bring a coupon for a free mean at any restaurant.

Hehe, I love all these cute little ideas... they add so much
atmosphere.

>After a date, your Sim may receive a skill level increase in one or
>more skill. You may even be promoted more thatn one level in a single
>skill.

Woah :-D I wonder if the skills have any relevance with what you went
out to do.

>Each time the Date Level increases to a new height (e.g. Good to
>Great), there's a chance to get a point in each skill. Every time a
>new level is reach, you get another opportunity to gain skill.

:-D

On 12 Sep 2005 15:12:53 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>Did you know that the surprise gift can be an expensive stereo or piano
>if your date will really well? Now that's cool!

WHOA, ok, I wish real life worked that way... dont know too many rich
women though LOL :-(
--

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
> On 12 Sep 2005 08:17:21 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>This game looks to be totally awesome. I love how they have added the
>>attraction/chemistry element to the game. The more I read the more
>>impressed I became. All I can say is this puts TS2 over the top for
>>me...now if we only had spiral stairs....
>
> Me too, wish I could say I had one favourite thing about the game...
> no wait, no I don't :p Cause it has LOTS! hehe... cars, garages,
> seing neighbourhood, going out, downtowns, vampires, chemistry...
> *drool*

Yeah but still no mountainbike, maybe in the business pack, when
you can become one of those guys/girls who deliver packages on bikes. ;o)

On 12 Sep 2005 18:51:58 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>No kidding!
>My game isn't scheduled to come until Friday or later. I preordered
>from Walmart.com. I am so hoping it comes Friday or even
>Saturday...you guys will be the first to know as no one here cares!
>Not only don't they care, they don't even want to hear about it!
>When are you looking to get yours?

Feeling your pain... mine won't ship until the 15th... I don't want to
order from a foreign site because they add tax and penalty toll and
the game ends up costing like twice as much. And it'll take 1-3 days
to get it in the mail probably :-(
--

"JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote in

> I thought I was excited about NightLife coming out until I read
> the EGuide...NOW I am excited!
> This game looks to be totally awesome. I love how they have added
> the attraction/chemistry element to the game. The more I read the
> more impressed I became. All I can say is this puts TS2 over the
> top for me...now if we only had spiral stairs....

Where is this eguide?

--
---->Sagittaria<----

The right to be left alone is the most comprehensive of rights and the
right most valued by civilized men. - Supreme Court Justice Louis
Brandeis