Sign in with
Your question

Real GT300 "Fermi" Game Performance Figures Leaked

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2009 7:40:04 PM

That was awesome.
October 14, 2009 7:41:10 PM

This is like golf right? The lower score is better?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2009 7:59:26 PM

I had this exact dream last night!
a c 130 U Graphics card
October 14, 2009 8:06:29 PM

Come on guys! These numbers are realistic!

In 25x16...
October 14, 2009 8:07:13 PM

Nice, finally real data :lol: 
October 14, 2009 8:39:07 PM

ahahahaha good stuff
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2009 9:00:30 PM

we see this already double post
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2009 2:42:12 AM

Did you click on the link? It isn't the same. Average the two and you will probably get the real Fermi.
October 15, 2009 4:14:46 PM

Grow up.
October 15, 2009 9:34:24 PM

that was freaking awesome
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 12:58:56 AM

How much for the Levis rivet version? :lol: 

October 16, 2009 1:58:15 AM

looks like ive got my next card, all i need now is a black and decker to instal it and im away
October 16, 2009 2:43:19 AM

chef7734 said:
Grow up.

Its just a joke man calm down. Have a sense of humor.
October 16, 2009 3:04:47 AM

That video was win.
October 16, 2009 3:29:00 AM

bige420 said:
Its just a joke man calm down. Have a sense of humor.

No There are way too many threads like this one. There is no reason to start a new one to say the same bs that is in all the others. Just give it a rest. We all know that there are no benchmarks for these cards and half the forum does not believe the cards exist. We got the point. Most of the experienced guys/girls on the forum are keeping their mouth shut and just waiting just like we did with the ATI cards. by all means if you have something productive to add to the conversations around please do. If not, really we have had enough.
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 8:16:58 AM

chef7734 said:
No There are way too many threads like this one. There is no reason to start a new one to say the same bs that is in all the others. Just give it a rest. We all know that there are no benchmarks for these cards and half the forum does not believe the cards exist. We got the point. Most of the experienced guys/girls on the forum are keeping their mouth shut and just waiting just like we did with the ATI cards. by all means if you have something productive to add to the conversations around please do. If not, really we have had enough.

No...you have had enough. By the looks of it the rest are just starting to enjoy things :D 
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 8:22:12 AM

Unfortunately, this is what happens when your favorite companies cards are late, or cant compete.
ATI fans had almost 2 years of this, I think nVidia fans can handle a few months cant they?
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 8:28:55 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Unfortunately, this is what happens when your favorite companies cards are late, or cant compete.
ATI fans had almost 2 years of this, I think nVidia fans can handle a few months cant they?

No jaydee, they can't. Don't you see how much passion they put in the responses they give? It is like nVidia is the Holy Grail or something. I can imagine all the nVidia fans bowing at the cardboard mock up of the Fermi card. Hmm, that is what they are doing now :D .
October 16, 2009 8:45:01 AM

It's just so shiny all i need to do is fit a couple leds in there and put it on a string above my bed and it will protect me from those ati monsters in the computer across the hall.

Just like gandolf the grey now the white will protect me with the light!

to be honest i bought my first nvidia card over ati because it's logo was green.
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 8:48:12 AM

Did someone raid Jensen's house safe for datasheets?
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 8:50:04 AM

IzzyCraft said:
http://www.pcw.gr/files/Image/nvidiafermi_1%281%29.jpg

It's just so shiny all i need to do is fit a couple leds in there and put it on a string above my bed and it will protect me from those ati monsters in the computer across the hall.

Just like gandolf the grey now the white will protect me with the light!

to be honest i bought my first nvidia card over ati because it's logo was green.

Isn't that the card made in the woodshed with common gardening tools :D ?
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 9:49:44 AM

Its not the bashing I approve of here, on the contrary, its the wrong thing to do.
But here we have a scenario where nVidia isnt giving us anything at all to go on, and people are making threads about it, and some people are getting upset about it.
Its going to happen, look again as I said, on all the R600 threads, and the green team fans coming in and talking up their HW and their fave company. It happens too.
nVidia will eventually have these cards out, and chances are pretty good theyll perform fairly well for their size, meaning they may be excellent, but again, since theyre diverting from regular gfx play, and adding more gpgpu additions into their cards, it all depends on their approach, and how much silicon just wont help gaming
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 11:28:20 AM

hallowed_dragon said:
Isn't that the card made in the woodshed with common gardening tools :D ?

I think that's actually a TESLA C1060, not a Fermi.

a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 11:31:32 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:

But here we have a scenario where nVidia isnt giving us anything at all to go on, and people are making threads about it, and some people are getting upset about it.

I think it's not the lack of information from nV that's an issue I think it's the FUD, PR, BS that they are giving to people that's causing the backlash. Don't remember that ever going over well with people regardless of the source.
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 1:42:48 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:

This.

Believe me, I could be kicking Nvidia a lot harder, and might yet start. :D 
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 1:51:37 PM

Im not sure if this quote has been posted, but TGGA, I agree, its nVidia telling people November, then its guys who write their white papers saying this:

"The GF100 won't be out in time for the holiday buying season, but ATI's already shipping the RV870. As long as ATI can deliver its new chip in volume, it should do very well over the next few months. Nvidia doesn't seem concerned, pointing to its recent history of market-share leadership, but gamers can be fickle. They tend to buy what's best when they're ready to buy, rather than waiting for something potentially better to come along."
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13512_3-10369441-23.html

So, whos right? Annand, who talked to nVidia reps in private? This guy here, who wrote 1 of their white papers on fermi? Charlie, whos been the first to say it at all?

Or, nVidia, telling FUaD what to type? Or saying its coming soon, we have huge orders for our partners? Or, itll soon be out (Nov, hint hint) ?

They are bringing on themselves. Ive always found the most brash, high talkers dont know how to act when caught with their pants down
October 16, 2009 5:13:01 PM

I am guessing late February or March before any 300's appear. I do not believe any claims by a manufacturer until the rubber hits the road so to speak. Even if it is utter crap, Nvidia isn't going to say "prepare for disappointment folks! we will be late and have a turd in our hands!". Of course it will be good as most cards are anymore from both companies are but impatient buyers may not wait for them to show up. ATI wins the early adopter fanfare handily this time.
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2009 5:44:13 PM

haha "The way its meant to be delayed!" thats my new motto there
October 16, 2009 6:48:52 PM

well the card puts me in mind of blue peter(kids program in the uk) with there sticky back plastic
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2009 12:19:58 AM

When I ranted several months back, it was about nVidia not having DX11 cardss, and only doing DX10.1. Now we find, the "new" cards are only DX10.1 capable, after nVidia claimed it wasnt needed.
Its a G200 based part, and further rumors and part of my rant was, theyd be using 275s to combat the new 5xxx series, and its looking like this just may be nVidia solution for the middle market, unless we see a split G300, which wont be out for awhile, like April at the earliest.
Now, this can be viewed in 2 ways, you can say Im just attacking nVidia on their ineptness, or, you can say this is crap, theyve released a total of 6 really new cards since the G92s were released, and its high time to start using the DX11 model we have, regardless if theres not alot of games out or not, as HW always precedes SW, and theres already DX11 out, so theyre behind, and hopefully, their middle market cards will be fully DX11 compatible, and nor some G200 DX10.1 crapola, and, the sooner it gets here, the better
October 17, 2009 12:37:38 AM

whats your source JDJ^^
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2009 12:59:27 AM

That was a few months ago, and now, its either G200 DX10.1 cards, as we see with the 220, or rumored only G300 cut in half, much like what we see with the 57xx series vs the 58xx series
I dont recall my sources, but they were there, and its something I picked up on, and so far, has played out exactly like it was said at the time
!