Acer motherboard

manny1224

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
my problem is that i have an acer am3300-u1332 desktop and the motherboard shows up as an acer frs780m. now acer has been of no help when i try to get the boards specifications. the only info they have is that it is a AMD 780G (RS780) + SB750 chipset and that i can expand to 8g of memory. i have tried to find info using the board serial # u00v095000535 , the bios p03-b0 by AMI/ACER and have not been able to find anything. it is incredible that acer manufactures this board and does not have the specs for it. if anyone has any ideas on how to find this info (i would like to find what the max wattage is, if it has dual channel ect.) i would appreciate any help. thanks.

manny

The SB750 is a great chipset. You should have no trouble running at least a 95w dual core amd cpu. You might even be able to use a propus quad core or 125w phenom II. With the 750 chipset, the 550BE with 2 cores disabled might be unlockable, but with oem boards, it's a crapshoot. there's no way to download the bios that I know of. Acer is just as bad as Dell about providing specs. You'll just have to try it.

lefortovo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
you can run any am2 or 3 cpu on that board I have one from the same line mines just the e122 not u. the only drawback on this line is the PSU upgrade that and your gravy also if you want to overclock you have to either disable the cool and quiet or download a new bios. Im assuming you have the same bios as me which doesnt come with acc but if you go to the acer site and type in your model number it will give you the choice between the american megatrends and phoneix bios take the phoneix and do a bios update it has much better options than the A.M bios