Problems with geforce 9400gt no signal to monitor

matt823

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I just Ordered and Recieved my iBuyPower Gamer Power 505 Computer and the graphics card which is a nvidia Geforce 9400gt 512mb was not seated in the PCI-e slot when i opened the box, so i seated it and tryed it without and with the adapter and it still doesnt work. Im currently running on onboard and i have re-installed the drivers that i recieved with the computer. Can anybody give me some help?

G

Sounds like the card is just plain old DOA. You will probably have to send it back and hopoefully get a replacement. If the card was not seated correctly, it is possible it was damaged somehow during shipment. But thats the only thing i can think of. If its a brand new system with everything preinstalled there is really no other reason why the card would not be working.

fatkid35

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
take out the 9400 and throw it as far as you can. get a proper gaming card lad! but seriously, look in the bios and see if the prefered display adapter is set to PEG and dissable the onboard gpu. then save and reboot with the card installed. that might work.

TRENDING THREADS