Almost impossible to find AMD Athlon's II Energy Efficient.

philippeart

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Hi,

I am very interested on buying the Athlon II X2 240e 45W processor,

As far as i know, the processor was release back on Sept. 2009. many reviews where written about this processor and all the new Energy Efficient Athlon II CPUs.

It is almost impossible to find one of these Energy Efficient Athlons (235e, 240e, 400e, 405e, 600e, 605e), I can't really understated why ?, it's almost 3 month since these CPUs where officially release. so strange, anyone knows why ?

Thank you very much,

Philippe, Israel.

I emailed amd about this issue with the 605e quads; they sent me a distributor's name and said to contact them. If newegg.com doesn't have any, then you can bet no one else does either. They're probably only being sold in Japan and other places where they command more $$, or with oem systems. I told amd that because of they're lame answer, I would go with Intel next time. Intel will soon have an energy efficient i5 cpu with some of the cores disabled to achieve the lower wattage. I don't know what they will cost, but it will be more than amd.

philippeart

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
I have received the same abstract answer:

"Thank you for contacting AMD. Unfortunately after a processor is released, we do not control how fast the product will arrive in your country. However, I have provided a link where you should be able to find distributors and partners in your country. Please contact your local retailers for availability and prices."
http://shop.amd.com/default.aspx?lang=set

Of course, my country does not appear in there list.

"we do not control how fast the product will arrive in your country" - Perhaps this is the reason why AND is always in deficit.

It's hard to be an AMD fan

Philippe, Istael.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I have access to them in Canada using Supercom as the supplier.
they have the tricores and the dual cores in stock atm...
I have another supplier but they work on phone calls...

Good luck with your find.

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005
I just bought a PC two days ago with the Athlon II x2 235e.
The spec.'s and price were dead on for what I needed...
a base PC with a great upgrade path.
I added a Thermaltake 550 PSU
and my 8800GT to get her rolling.
The onboard audio 7.1 Realtek is everybit as good as my older SB Audigy 2.. and without the 'pops'.
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1331G-03w

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12347221#ProductDetail

This is honestly the best one that's been released by E Machines in quite a while...
good specs with a 'new' processor, good upgrade path, a good looking case, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and a price that beats all.

occupant

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

I'm waiting for a refurb but yes, this looks like a promising system. Thanks for letting me know that standard PSU's and GPU cards will work. My wife wants to upgrade her computer to a better PSU and Crossfire graphics. I'll be happy to use her old 700w PSU and 512MB HD4870 in something like this. Sure maybe it's overkill, but it's what I'd have laying around.

TRENDING THREADS