EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB vs Superclocked

Secondfall

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Hey guys, wondering if any of you can help me out with a question I've had.

As far as I know, FPB is just a fancy way of saying that a mild overclocked will be applied to the stock speeds with an update, and the Superclocked has another moderate overclock above that. However, a poster in this thread at eggxpert believes the GTX 560 Ti FPB can reach higher clocks when manually overclocked than the Superclocked GTX 560 Ti can.

Now I haven't been able to find any evidence that indicates that to be true, and I'm wondering if perhaps he is just misinformed or if he's actually correct. Again, as far as I know the FPB and Superclocked cards are exactly the same with the exception of their factory clock speeds (same cooling, same architecture etc.), so they should theoretically be able to reach the same clocks. Am I missing something? Does the FPB do something that allows the card to overclock higher than the Superclocked card, or is that poster just confused?

Any insight anyone can provide me on this would be greatly appreciated, it's be driving me a little nuts :kaola:

Secondfall

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Maybe the answer should be a little too obvious, as I'm 99% certain based on what I read that the FPB card has no advantage of the Superclocked card.. just kinda wanted someone who was 100% to confirm it. Anyone? :)

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Well if his case was true, it doesnt mean that you would alsoo be able to overclock as much as he did. there are reviews that show the msi twin frozr 2 beats the twin frozr 3 hawk 560 ti in overclockability. So is it possible, Yes. Is it assured, No.

My friend and I have the same card (Inno 3d 560Ti) but I have been able to reach 1015Mhz while he can only reach 960Mhz.

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
I don't have a SC version to compare but I have the FPB from Newegg about 2 weeks ago. Using MSI Afterburner, I was able to OC it to 1000/2000/2300Mhz stable @1.062v. Stock voltage of my card @idle is 0.987v and max load @1.025v. I didn't try to go pass 1Ghz cause I really like the temps it has right now - idle @25C, Kombustor burn-in @65C, in room temp about 21C.

A good PSU probably help to OC anything.

My rig: Gigabyte UD3P | i5-2500k @4Ghz | 2x4GB GSkill RAM Cas7 | Corsair HX850 PSU | Zalman 9500 HSF | Corsair Force3 SSD | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Apevia midtower case with back fan and side fan UNPLUGGED.

robin banks uk

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

65c is ice cool my friend. max safe is about 85c the dead max is 100c

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
@robin

You'll be amazed how cool your card get after you replace their cheap TIM with a good one. I replaced mine with AS5. This card got a bunch of little screws and all had to be out before I could remove the heatsink.

Before: idle@30C load@75C
After: idle@25C load@65C

Max load with Kombustor extreme setting, 1920x1080 full screen.
User control fan speed: auto fan speed % is the same with C temp.

Anyway, I'll downlock my card tonight. No point leaving it way up there while I ain't play game.

@OP
When clock speed is set in the card's bios, windows will start faster because it doesn't have to go thru software to achieve OC settings at boot. That's where ~ $20 extra comes in. Otherwise, they're the same, FPB or SC or not. But no chip is the same and of course nobody knows which is better until they go thru testings. Manufactures only test the cards to see if they achieve stated speed, i.e. FPB, SC... I saw online some can get to 1Ghz with their non-OCed versions @stock votage. Just pure luck if you get one with more OC headroom and vice versa.

kozanitis96

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Hey guys I also.own the evga gtx 560ti fpb and I'm running it @ stock speeds and the core voltage varies from 0.950 to1.00 V never went above 1V how does your cards reach 1.xxx at full load? Also my peak temps are 87 degrees with the stock fan profile and with a more aggressive fan profile through kai afterburner it peaks at 67 degrees. Also what is the maximum overclock for this card.with stock voltage?