Speed Fan Temps

Hey all,

I recently finished a bare bones build for a relative after having a MOBO issue. The GB MOBO I originally ordered was defective, so I went with MSI out of convenience. Anyways, I did a quick speed fan look to ensure that the cpu heatsink was on correctly and it appears to be, as core 0 and 1 are around 37C for a Pentium Dual core (E5200). However, what does TEMP 1 & TEMP 2 mean on Speed Fan? I ask because those values are through the roof, 127C. There is no graphics card or sound card on the unit, so I know that isn't it. Could this just be a faulty detection by the program? I'm just a bit concerned before I move a head.

Thanks for the assistance.

Solution
Some motherboards support more temperature sensors than others, temp 1 and 2 are likely not supported on your motherboard, they would normally be a board temp and a case temp reading, if the sensors arent present then speed fan defaults to reading its max temp of 127C. Dont worry about it.
Some motherboards support more temperature sensors than others, temp 1 and 2 are likely not supported on your motherboard, they would normally be a board temp and a case temp reading, if the sensors arent present then speed fan defaults to reading its max temp of 127C. Dont worry about it.

Solution