Undocumented feature in version 6.2 TiVo DVR software

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 22, 2005 9:54:59 PM

This may have been previously posted, but some
may have missed it...

While viewing Now Playing List enter
Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8

What this does is left for the user to discover.
To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.
June 22, 2005 10:03:29 PM

* Jack Ak Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> This may have been previously posted, but some
> may have missed it...
>
> While viewing Now Playing List enter
> Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8
>
> What this does is left for the user to discover.
> To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.

Damn it Jack! I dont want to wait 5 hours! Tell us now!

;)

--
David
Anonymous

SINNER (arcade.master@googlemail.net) wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
> * Jack Ak Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
>
> > While viewing Now Playing List enter
> > Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8
> >
> > What this does is left for the user to discover.
> > To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.
> >

> Damn it Jack! I dont want to wait 5 hours! Tell us now!

Very cool.

For those that are paranoid, it does no harm...

(spoiler space)

It reduces the number of items displayed in the NPL and uses the extra
space at the top to display the summary information for the highlighted
item.

--
Jeff Rife | "As usual, a knife-wielding maniac
| has shown us the way."
|
| -- Bart Simpson
Related resources
June 23, 2005 12:03:58 AM

* Jeff Rife wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
> SINNER (arcade.master@googlemail.net) wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
>> * Jack Ak Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

>> > While viewing Now Playing List enter
>> > Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8

>> > What this does is left for the user to discover.
>> > To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.

>> Damn it Jack! I dont want to wait 5 hours! Tell us now!

> Very cool.

Awesome! Thats a keeper!

--
David
And if you wonder,

Jack Ak <akjack@excite.com> wrote:
> What this does is left for the user to discover.
> To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.

I can see ... I don't know what that is.
I need to press more buttons, I suppose.

--
---
June 23, 2005 1:37:00 AM

Whatever you do, don't press the Thumbs down again. The implosion is
spectacular.

(kidding)
DAve
p.s. Nice find, I like it. Thanks!!!

dold@XReXXUndoc.usenet.us.com wrote:
> Jack Ak <akjack@excite.com> wrote:
>
>>What this does is left for the user to discover.
>>To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.
>

> I can see ... I don't know what that is.
> I need to press more buttons, I suppose.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:31:11 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:54:59 +0000, Jack Ak wrote:

> This may have been previously posted, but some
> may have missed it...
>
> While viewing Now Playing List enter
> Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8
>
> What this does is left for the user to discover.
> To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.

In case anyone is wondering... it takes the top
part of the now playing list and gives the the
episode title for the selected show. So cursor
down to Monster Garage and it says
"Old School '54 Chevy" (2004) A classic 1954....
at the top of the Now Playing list. ( you loose
the top 3 show spots if you use this feature )

If you have folders enabled, on the 'top' level
folder section, this feature doesn't do much. It
just says
"7 recordings"
When you select a folder, then you get the episode
title / info for each show that you select in the
folder.

Normally, I see 8 shows listed on a screen. This
feature takes 3 of those away so you only see
5 shows listed with the episode info for the selected
show up top. Again.. for folders, this doesn't do
much ( other than take up screen space ) on the top
level screen. It is pretty useful once you select a
show.

jack
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:31:12 AM

In article <pan.2005.06.23.01.31.11.159632@where.com>, Jack Snodgrass
<no@where.com> wrote:

> In case anyone is wondering... it takes the top
> part of the now playing list and gives the the
> episode title for the selected show. So cursor
> down to Monster Garage and it says
> "Old School '54 Chevy" (2004) A classic 1954....
> at the top of the Now Playing list. ( you loose
> the top 3 show spots if you use this feature )

It doesn't do anything on my SAT-T60.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:31:13 AM

In article <220620052231594040%affable@no.com.invalid>, Dr. Personality
<affable@no.com.invalid> wrote:

> In article <pan.2005.06.23.01.31.11.159632@where.com>, Jack Snodgrass
> <no@where.com> wrote:
>
> > In case anyone is wondering... it takes the top
> > part of the now playing list and gives the the
> > episode title for the selected show. So cursor
> > down to Monster Garage and it says
> > "Old School '54 Chevy" (2004) A classic 1954....
> > at the top of the Now Playing list. ( you loose
> > the top 3 show spots if you use this feature )
>

> It doesn't do anything on my SAT-T60.

And maybe I should have read the g.d. header more closely before I
posted that. Sorry.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 6:24:58 AM

"SINNER" <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote in message news:ucepo2xfie.ln2@news.gates_of_hell.com...
> * Jeff Rife wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
> > SINNER (arcade.master@googlemail.net) wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> >> Damn it Jack! I dont want to wait 5 hours! Tell us now!
>
> > Very cool.
>
> Awesome! Thats a keeper!

I guess you feel it was worth a 5 hour wait. ; = )
June 23, 2005 4:01:13 PM

* Jack Ak wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> "SINNER" <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote in message news:ucepo2xfie.ln2@news.gates_of_hell.com...
>> * Jeff Rife wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

>> > Very cool.

>> Awesome! Thats a keeper!

> I guess you feel it was worth a 5 hour wait. ; = )

I was gonna add that but felt it redundant ;)

--
David
I'm still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.

Jack Ak wrote:
> This may have been previously posted, but some
> may have missed it...
>
> While viewing Now Playing List enter
> Thumbs Up Thumbs Dwn Thumbs Up 7 8
>
> What this does is left for the user to discover.
> To disable the feature, repeat the sequence.

Works with software ver 6.1 that ships with the DirTivo R10.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 11:07:08 PM

Jack Snodgrass <no@where.com> wrote:
> If you have folders enabled, on the 'top' level
> folder section, this feature doesn't do much. It

Ah, yes, but I like the folders so much ;-)
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 11:07:09 PM

dold@XReXXUndoc.usenet.us.com wrote:
> Jack Snodgrass <no@where.com> wrote:
>
>>If you have folders enabled, on the 'top' level
>>folder section, this feature doesn't do much. It
>

> Ah, yes, but I like the folders so much ;-)

S'all good, I think Jack was saying it's not much use in the top folder
view, but it works great in the subfolders. No reason it should make
you switch folders off.

Randy S.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 10:26:45 PM

Jeff Rife wrote:
> Very cool.
>
> For those that are paranoid, it does no harm...

Why would the paranoid take your word for it? :)

--
Jon Biggar
Floorboard Software

In article <FfYue.33119$J12.15934@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
Jonathan Biggar <jon@floorboard.com> wrote:

>> For those that are paranoid, it does no harm...

>Why would the paranoid take your word for it? :)

OK, who told you to ask that? It was Them, wasn't it?

--
Dave Platt <dplatt@radagast.org> AE6EO