Corsair PSU's vs Antec PSU's

Tagerh

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
KK, so me and my friend had a fight. We want to know which one is better. Not price/performance or anything just which one is better.

Corsair or Antec

ThatsJustSilly

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Yah ur friends just silly. The corsairs are much better than Antec IMO,even with the price difference. I only use Corsair for my PSU's. Hopefully that sways ur friend...

Silly Rabbit....:)

Corsair has a reputation for high quality power supplies. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are stable, reliable, and come with a 5 year warranty. The brand new models come with a 7 year warranty.

Antec was not initially known for high quality power supplies. The have tried to improve the quality of their power supplies and in some cases have been successful. It just depends on the particular series. For example, the newer Antec Earthwatt power supplies are very good and certainly an improvement over the old Basiq power supplies which were low budget units.

The EA unit's have always been decent but don't even approach the quality of the Corsairs ( other than the CX400 and VX450 ).
The True Power New line can match the DC output quality of the Corsairs and build quality is almost as good for less cost.

leon2006

Distinguished
I'll go for both brands for capacity 700w and up. Antec PSU are pretty good. I just installed an HX1000 on my setup and i'm extremely please with its performance.

I'm leaning corsair at this point... HX series.

Look at what is on sail for the specific capacity your looking. You can go for what is cheaper by a big $ when on sail.

Also take note not all PSU are made the same even when are spec to similar capacity (i.e. 1000W). Read specifications on how the RAILS are distributed and the specific current capacity associated with it. It makes a lot of difference.

wpeltola

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
My vote would have to go to Antec's PSU's. Here's a few reasons why:

> Antec uses OCP (over Current Protection) on ALL of the rails in the PSU. Corsair Only uses OCP on the 3.3V and 5V rails, but neglects the 12V, the rail that has the highest current.

> Antec PSU's offer you better fan control compared to other units.

> Basic construction of Antec's PSU's is excellent. I own several and have never had any issues.

> Speaks for itself --> http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/VendorArticleDetail.aspx?Brand=1516&articleId=653

Best of luck!!

"To test this we increased current on +12V2 expecting to see the power supply shutting down. We went all the way up to 33 A (the maximum our load tester can deliver) and the power supply didn’t shut down, showing that either OCP is disabled or configured at a value above 33 A."

From here
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/766/8

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Actually, the OCP set point on the TP-750 is 40A. You can find all of the amperage on our OCP set points on the product pages on our Web site. :)

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTc2MA==