Can you overclock an OEM Dell Optiplex GX260?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmull12

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Let me explain a bit, it's not really OEM, but at the same time, it is. It uses some OEM parts such as the motherboard, processor, CPU Fan, and the power source, but it has a custom Hard Drive, DVD/CD Drive, and video card. My question is, what possible program can I use to overclock my 2.8 GHz Socket 478 Pentium 4, since I know the bios is locked? I am currently using an AGP XFX Radeon 4650, which I overclocked to as far as I can safely go, but I need to push the processor a bit more until I can get a replacement PC. What possible program could I use to overclock the CPU? I tried CPU FSB and Clock Gen, CPU FSB didn't work because I use Windows 7, and Clock Gen just didn't work for some reason.

Solution
depends on your overclocking
10% overclocking will make it to perform ~10% better in benchmarks,
~5%-15% in games

keep monitoring your temps

by the way, are you planning to buy a neew board, if yes then sellout your curent board, ram and cpu, and START a new thread in system build section, you can use other parts on a new build

p4 are too old you can have a far more better pc in 100$ having 4gb of ddr3 ram and good duel core cpu
For overclocking the problem is that the Dell BIOS does not allow it program or not! You can look on the internet for a modified BIOS (I have come a cross them in the past) but Overclock on that CPU is not going to help much. Just beware a bad BIOS flash can leave your computer useless.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
depends on your overclocking
10% overclocking will make it to perform ~10% better in benchmarks,
~5%-15% in games

keep monitoring your temps

by the way, are you planning to buy a neew board, if yes then sellout your curent board, ram and cpu, and START a new thread in system build section, you can use other parts on a new build

p4 are too old you can have a far more better pc in 100$ having 4gb of ddr3 ram and good duel core cpu

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.