Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to get rid of bad sectors in hard drive

Last response: in Storage
August 5, 2011 7:05:42 PM

i have 160 gb sata hard drive but it's media has got currupted due to flectuation of i m facing the problem with error msg about bad sector and i want to leave the currupted area and use the rest of space of my hard drive is there any way to do this????plz help me
August 5, 2011 7:49:14 PM

Go to my computer > right click hard drive > properties > check disc/scan for error [it's in there somewhere] > click check for bad sectors > scan. It will probably say that the disc in use and will schedule a disc check. Select okay and restart your computer/laptop. Let it run the scan.
a c 82 G Storage
August 5, 2011 7:51:40 PM

Have you tried chkdsk /F to see if it finds and remaps all defective sectors?