Status
Not open for further replies.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Went to do a quick chek on the nvidia part of this forum.
Funny how NOBODY talks about FERMI, while on this forum, it's spammed everywhere about the non-existent gaming performances of this so called "Super GPU"

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Of course it is when we all (excluding fanboys.) know that FERMI should have been code-named FailMI.
But yeah, just to make THEM understand (or at least try....)
>=)

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
No, I never said FERMI sucks at game tho...
But I am saying that it's not the SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME card that all nvidia fans are talking about, such as playing crysis on 1680x1200 with 71 FPS.
How can it be THIS great if nVidia doesnt even consider it a Gaming GPU, and don't mention gaming a single time in this whitepaper?

Now nvidia fan will probably say that they are keeping the charts secret...wich would be stupid because until this card is released, and with all the forums over the net, Nvidia fanboys may ditch this company fast enough for the very appealing HD 5800 cypress series.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Why can't posters just be a wee bit patient. Nvidia has always played its cards close to their vest. Personally, I care not one way or the other, but why try to stir up a flame war when no one knows what this platform will really bring to the table?

randomizer

Champion
NVIDIA are marketing this for HPC and general purpose computing, so they will keep focusing on this. They want to push GPGPU as much as possible before Larrabee hits us. Mentioning games takes the focus off HPC a little.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
This is the sole purpose of forums!

Joke's aside, I can hardly imagine that they would hide it's gaming performance THIS much... I mean the actual computing performances have been leaked out already, they even had a presentation for this.
Now why do they never mention gaming? Not a single time, not ONE did I ever saw a FERMI gaming related "demo" or whatsoever.
Well when this product is under Products>High performance computing on nvidia's website, and not under GeForce like the rest of all the nvidia's till now...You should really start asking questions.

The ACTUAL company rather place this card in computing....I don't know what are nvidia fanboys waiting over...

And quite frankly, the problem with this card will be it's obsolete pricing.
Cmon, a GPU capable of running 8x faster then any CPU.
Now the BEST Cpu is sold at 1000$.
Now, not only does this beast run 8 times faster, but it also has a graphic support.
Wow, how much will this be??? The actual production price should be around the 800$.....
Dunno for you, but it looks like nvidia plainly abandoned the high performance/mid range gaming market (FOR NOW THAT IS.)
They may intend to create a niche in the supercomputer market, and come bak, but for now, I see only COMPUTING, no actual gaming.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

It amazes me the amount of posters who say they are waiting fro Fermi to come out because they expect it to beat the HD5870 yet they are not aware of the facts or don't wish to read the facts because they don't want it to be true as Nvidia has been marketing this chip as a GPGPU since it was first announced. However you rant about 'Nvidia fail' etc doesn't give you any credibility, what your saying is true and quite frankly needed to be said but you could have worded it a lot better.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Of course I know that, but that's the point, that this card is simply NOT aimed at us, not even the most rabid of fanboys.
They did put the 8800 ULTRA at 800$ right?
Well as far as I can imagine, this is how the price will look like.
Look at page 9 and 16 of the whitepaper.

The FERMI architecture is double the amount of the GT200 series.
It has double the amount of CUDA cores.
It support ECC.
Gigathread technology
Integrated C++ support.

Nvidia won't make any price, the price will make itself.
It cost a sh!tload to produce this card, with such an amazing technology.
It's easy to see, this card is simply not aimed at us, but rather at the higher corporation like microsoft for example, that can afford MANY of these if it really is 8x faster then any CPU.
With all the corporation adopting FERMI, nvidia would have made enough money, and created some kind of niche, and will probably come back to the gamer market with a REAL amazing card this time (and maybe some lower prices since they will have made money..)

Of course, this is pure speculation, but this is the most logical one i think..?

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

True that mybad...
It's just that I had some kind of extreme arguing with a massive nvidia fanboy on this forum a few hours ago, and it left me with some kind of salty taste..I guess being mean over nvidia fanboys was a bit over the edge..
But seriously, This thread will be flammed with nonsens as soon as "they" wake up..

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

I was actually wondering why you hadn't just closed it...

But amid the rubbish, the OP does make a worthwhile point...

If you were in charge of Nvidia, and you had a GPU capable of destroying a 5870... wouldn't you not be moving heaven and earth to produce just 1 benchmark that shows this?

After all, the longer Nvidia stay silent, the more people will decide to get a 5870 or 5850 now, rather than wait on Fermi.

It is in Nvidia's favour to get good news out the door as early as possible, yet the silence is deafening - which is not like Nvidia.

randomizer

Champion

Because I'm not a nazi and closing every thread that I think is pointless (unless it is clearly pointless, like the 3-word posts that sometimes pop up) is hardly impartial or allowing for free speech. Having said that, I will still call it pointless if I think it is :p

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
he is 17 i can understand him

^+9000

Cmon, referring to my age!!
Low blow right here.

Funny how a 17 years old sometimes make more sense then a wtvOld (talking about other threads of course)
But yeah, you will forgive me the msn talking, and the lame comments I sometimes post :D
RIIIGHHHTTT??? <33

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

not a nazi, now thats what i call as being in denial,or where you being sarcastic?

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

yes it is logical for nvidia to let slip some benchmarks @ this time to stem the flow of users switching to ATI, and makes me think they've not got a working card yet, but it is nvidia and logic and nvidia dont go together

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Fermi, Fermi, Fermi ....
Come on. Are we going to do this for another six months or so? Everybody buy a 58xx or 57xx and be done with it. Any frame above 60-70 will not be noticed and will not make your noob @sses better at any game.

jennyh

Splendid
Lol.

OP does have a point, Nvidia seem almost embarrassed by their gaming past dont they? Could that be because they need to be seen as all grown-up and non geeky to their real target market? They sure aren't forthcoming with information on how well it will game, and talking down dx11 just makes all of us think they haven't even tried.

There's a point in there, but it's obscured by the flame-baiting. :pfff:

Far better way to point it out would be to address points instead of BS like "your company dropped you dead. =/ "

Heck there's enough good material out there, and all this thread does is equally pointlessly pointing to the nV Whitepaper. The lack of evidence for/against anything to do with gaming. Could be awesome at gaming, could be worse than the GTX280, but this thread certainly doesn't provide any more detail on the matter other than to post the whitepaper that was posted and criticized long ago (like where is the mention about texture handling, tessellation handling, etc).

As Carl Sagan said: “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Well it's not I lack evidence...
It's just that nvidia didnt release any.
:D WAHAHA!

I made my own logical speculation, and im pretty sure that's the actual situation...
But yea, I have no real proofs since none is out yet.
Only proof is that whitepaper proving that FERMI wasnt even made for gaming till now.
It might have a potential, but it's purpose isnt gaming. I don't think it's worth arguing over this..

Status
Not open for further replies.