Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownSoldier

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Anyone own or have tried this mouse?

Trying to decide between this or the G9x for my new mouse. I do play MMO's (and just about every other type of genre) so the buttons could be a plus.

Solution
i really disliked the naga.

its pretty cool having the macro buttons there for MMOs, but if you are like me you probably already have tons of macros on your keyboard. and when you try to play an fps, and start accidently pushing the buttons when trying to guide the mouse with your thumb....

frustrating.

good idea, but poorly implemented. since for more fast paced mouse work, they are simply in the way.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i really disliked the naga.

its pretty cool having the macro buttons there for MMOs, but if you are like me you probably already have tons of macros on your keyboard. and when you try to play an fps, and start accidently pushing the buttons when trying to guide the mouse with your thumb....

frustrating.

good idea, but poorly implemented. since for more fast paced mouse work, they are simply in the way.

Solution
I would recommend the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321&cm_re=mx_performance-_-26-104-321-_-Product

While it may not be as fast as the other as the other two it has awesome tracking ability. Also it can be recharged while using it. Plus it has 4 buttons total on the thumbside which has been more then enough for me when it comes to wow.

I tried both the g9x and the naga for a period of time before taking them back. If I had to choose I would say the g9x.

UnknownSoldier

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Decided on the G9x. Sat back and thought about it, and as much as I'd love some extra buttons on the mouse, I do play other games as much as I play MMO's.

I suppose I can always start using ESDF for movement to give me more buttons to access. Just had one last quick question... do the custom keys on the Gxx keyboards really help for macros? I have a Saitek Cyborg keyboard and it seems like I'd have to take my had off the movement keys just to reach them half the time. Dunno if the Gxx keyboards would be easier to reach or not.

I would recommend the g13 or the belkin nostromo in addition to your keyboard. with these pads you don't have to remove your hand from the movement keys while accessing a wide range of buttons. However they do take lots of thought and work inorder to utilize.

I find the extra buttons on the gxx keyboards useless.

UnknownSoldier

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

So you're saying use one of those instead of a keyboard?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
yes, i have a g13. very good.

its not neccesary, but really help out. gives you plenty of macros within easy reach (4 just on your thumbstick) and really gives you an edge. combines with keybaord macros (for the less needed ones) you can pwn fairly well.

radioburger

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

I'm not sure how big your hands are, but I've been using the Razer Naga for about a year now and it's been an absolute pleasure to work and play with. Macros for Adobe's Creative Suite? Check. Macros to make Firefox browsing stupid-fast? Check. Built-in program that automatically switches between macro programs by monitoring window focus? Check.
But FPSing without the thumb-grid buttons getting in the way? Not a problem at all, unless of course you tend to hold a mouse like a starving rabid gorilla holds his first banana in 3 weeks. In fact, there's plenty of space above the thumb-grid buttons, towards the front of the mouse to grip it horizontally with your thumb, ring, and pinky finger for those primal rage situations, but even when foaming at the mouth and 'fragging' enemies, I seem to have a hard time accidentally hitting any of the buttons. I guess it just takes some getting comfortable with.
So which will it be?
Take the Red pill and be introduced to a more complex and customizable way of commanding the machine.
Take the Blue pill and remain comfortable, assured that you won't accidentally press any wrong buttons.
Why drive a car when you can walk to work?
After all, it takes a long time to master the art and rules of driving, and then you have to also worry about wrecking.
Your choice in the end.

radioburger

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

If it wasn't for the fact that this damn thread comes up in google every time I search with the words "Razer" "Naga" and "Linux" and that everyone with an "answer" seemed so against the Naga, I wouldn't have tried to at least add the perspective of a long-term user of the mouse. I wasn't trying to bring it back to life or anything, just balance it out for everyone that happens to Google those three keywords. I apologize in advance if breaking a bias is in any way an unacceptable form of contribution to a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.